ANH Pyro X-Wing References - Mainly: Red 6 Search

Got the pilot, sculpt is underway... looks like crap still, but will post pictures once I've progressed further. May do another one as I kinda screwed up the construction and added too much too soon, but I'll see how that turns out when I've added more to correct the proportions.

Why is Google search filled with so much crap? Anyone got good front and back pictures of the X-Wing pilot outfit from the movies?

Last edited:
Seriously - they sport "hero-level" paint work. MULTIPLE colors on panels. Decals. Layers of weathering. Sharp masked lines...
pyroherodirtykneeslookatthese.jpg

Red 6 and Red 4?

Man. Porkins. For those of you who were clueless ten-year-olds in '77, wasn't it great to be a naive kid and honestly believe "Porkins" wasn't a fat joke? Because Star Wars was better than that?

And that Darth Vader wasn't just "Dark Invader", and that Obi-Wan wasn't a liar, and...oh, never mind.

I've started showing Star Wars to my 3yo son in 25-minute bedtime story bites. It's the best thing EVER. "It's got the man! The man kills! And the dinosaur! It got the roh-bots!". :)

Tonight we watched the sunset scene and I got a nine or ten-second blast of that original "Star Wars vibe". Haven't had that in decades. Awesome.

Sorry, Lee, but Red 3 hero is a masterpiece. For me, its more close-toned colours and more variegated greys provide greater sense of scale and wear than what I'm seeing on those Red 3 and 12 profiles, with their more glaring colours and unvaried, simpler tones. They're nice but a little clean and toy-like to me. Sorry to strike a heretical note, but I feel honour-bound to defend the heroes!

My 2 year old has over 150 figures and more than 20 ships and he wouldn't know Luke Skywalker if he was Pi**ing on him. I kinda got excited when i was having my first boy and bought a whole heap of stuff. Its still in boxes.

Ah, you jumped the gun, you see - he takes it for granted now. It's just environmental, he doesn't have context for it. I've been saving this up - seems to have worked, he didn't want to go to bed. :)

I'll second Colin that Red 3 hero is impressive and yet, I don't love it. Just jaded or overexposed or something, I don't know. How spoiled we get! :D

Ha ha... I love the toned-down colour, especially the totally washed out canopy. Really prefer way-toned-down canopies if they're blue. Has too much green, though, and I don't like brown on engines. But the variety of weathered greys is great and I do miss that on some of these pyros. Don't dig too much green on X's - but I'm gonna have to get over that if I'm gonna do my pyro as Red 6... oh I'm so confused...

If I' m not actually in love with the Red 3 hero it's only because some of the others are even better. I know you guys are bored with heroes now, but I love them still. But then my x craze is newer; I've only been sucking properly on a lot of the hero ref for only 3 years or so...

Ah, you jumped the gun, you see - he takes it for granted now. It's just environmental, he doesn't have context for it. I've been saving this up - seems to have worked, he didn't want to go to bed. :)

I'll second Colin that Red 3 hero is impressive and yet, I don't love it. Just jaded or overexposed or something, I don't know. How spoiled we get! :D

Jumped the gun? My boy actually lives with r2 , 3p0 , 2 stormtroopers , a 6 1/2 foot vader , Han In Carbontie , a Battledroid , Darth maul and yoda as well as Alec guinesses head sabres , blasters , posters , etc, etc. To him its just normal.

Sorry, Lee, but Red 3 hero is a masterpiece. For me, its more close-toned colours and more variegated greys provide greater sense of scale and wear than what I'm seeing on those Red 3 and 12 profiles, with their more glaring colours and unvaried, simpler tones. They're nice but a little clean and toy-like to me. Sorry to strike a heretical note, but I feel honour-bound to defend the heroes!

Colin, bud its all good, if we all liked the same bird, how crumby would that be :lol.
I do like the Red 3 Hero, just a little "scruffy lookin'" for my tastes, afterall, iam a Red Leader fan too LOL.

lee

lol, Simon, that's what I meant. To your boy it's just "the environment". By contrast, I let my kid get whacked between the eyes by it. :)

I can just imagine him at school................."Wow look at that i wish i had a real r2"..............got it!....... Well i bet you don't have storm...got it! ..... well i bet y.....got it!
got it ! , got it !

Well my dad's names martyn and he's got ten x-wings , .....got it! and my dad's are painted!...........:lol

Bwa ha ha ha ha! You'll pay. :p

Aaaaand back on topic. Everyone knows Red 6 flies for the Cylons, right? Anyone know how come?

The first set of explosions were said to be flash-bang
Great analysis. There are a few behind-the-scenes shots of explosions of that nature in the 1977 The Making of Star Wars documentary. They are indeed lacking in billowing clouds of flame. Granted, we're seeing them in real time, rather than slomo.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back