ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Re: ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion

update:

The 3d models are being blueprinted and programed into the CNC.

Shortly we will be ready to take orders and start making these incredible parts.

Any followers of this thread interested in these super accurate parts should get on the interest thread as soon as possible.

The more the better.

We will be setting up so that the members can order direct from the machine shop. We will try to make it as easy and simple as possible. Maybe an order form? Since there are so many parts and options so we can avoid mistakes.

Let me know what you think if anyone has any experience in this.

Will the run include all the parts necessary to upgrade the Denix replica? I've had my Denix sitting on a shelf for way too long now and is desperate to be converted...

Yes. Everything needed to do a great conversion is included in the kit.

You can pick either the E KIT with slip over barrel (EASY FIT KIT)

Or the F KIT with the FITTED barrel. This will require the barrel of the Mauser model to be shaped to accept the barrel. Not to much work really, just cut off and file square and drill for a dowel. We will make a tutorial to show step by step. This way you can get an exact barrel to receiver fit that looks just like the HERO.

We will also include aluminized Mystery Disk stickers that can be used to mask the area prior to painting the frame or as a final disk over the painted frame.

Don't know how much these help, but I took some screencaps of the Bunker scene on my PC. I managed to get some frames where the blaster was illuminated by nearby explosions. You can see also that by the time he gets to the control room, it's back to the normal blaster (so he can holster it like the script calls for?).

Be sure to view these full-size. They're as good a resolution as I can do with the blurays. Uncompressed.

Bunker Blaster - Imgur

Thanks for the input and stills!

Seems like that Bunker gun has the mount set up like Markus discovered and seems to be built on an MGC frame. The prop in the Blue Ray scenes fires "caps", not blanks.

The barrel does seem to be straight and does not taper like the NR barrel would so maybe it is just a pipe extension?

The Naked Runner. Final scene. Frank Sinatra - YouTube

Nice work Talos! Thanks.

Don't know how much these help, but I took some screencaps of the Bunker scene on my PC. I managed to get some frames where the blaster was illuminated by nearby explosions. You can see also that by the time he gets to the control room, it's back to the normal blaster (so he can holster it like the script calls for?).

Be sure to view these full-size. They're as good a resolution as I can do with the blurays. Uncompressed.

Bunker Blaster - Imgur

Yeah, you can see one clear muzzle flash from it (that I noticed, when I was going through the scene in .12x speed) and it was definitely a little cap gun's.

Barrel looks like a perfect cylinder to me as well. The sides of the magazine well are both unadorned with anything. No V8 cylinder halves or anything.

No problem, kpax. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid, so I've been following this thread since I joined (doing research for a Y-Wing profile drawing). Unfortunately I've discovered you have to pay for that college thing...

Let me know if you need any more specific frames from the blurays, I can get screencaps from any of them, including the archives discs.

Excellent caps, thanks Talos!

I agree, very tough to tell if it's the NR/ANH Mauser or not. If it is, the mystery disk doesn't seem to be present and that would mean it was probably just masked into the paint for ANH.

Since the ST/ANH Mount is definitely there, it seems there's a good chance it could be the NR/ANH Mauser too. But that bull barrel does look kinda different though..

-Carson

Two points I noticed.

1: the footage shows the Bunker gun firing "caps" not the full power blanks of ANH. No muzzle flash, only a spark.

2. If it was the ANH Mauser, why not use the Mount the way it was mounted in ANH? The threaded studs were there. They had the T mount so why not just put the mount where it belongs? Why reverse the scope?

Maybe Talos can pull a few more frames?

There is a point where Han points the gun directly down (he is surprised by the troops right in the beginning) I posted some frames, but not good ones.

bunkergunpicscopy.jpg

Also the frame that the big "poster" image is taken from (Lonepigeon posted a bit back.
ep6-bts-554.jpg

Maybe Talos can catch a good frame and see something better. In these, the FH does not seem to have any holes, but in the others it does.

Yes. Everything needed to do a great conversion is included in the kit.

You can pick either the E KIT with slip over barrel (EASY FIT KIT)

Or the F KIT with the FITTED barrel. This will require the barrel of the Mauser model to be shaped to accept the barrel. Not to much work really, just cut off and file square and drill for a dowel. We will make a tutorial to show step by step. This way you can get an exact barrel to receiver fit that looks just like the HERO.

We will also include aluminized Mystery Disk stickers that can be used to mask the area prior to painting the frame or as a final disk over the painted frame.

Count me in.
Has price been discussed or are we waiting for a JY thread?

I really don't think it was the ANH blaster. Looking at the sides of the magazine well, there is no residue at all. Highlighted like it was in the frame, you should be even able to see the seam between two layers of paint, but I don't see anything there. They are completely smooth and really look like something like an MGC.

Also, definitely no holes in the FH there, except for the one at the end, of course.

I grabbed the frame of Han standing there in surprise and also managed to get one of the gun firing.

Bunker Blaster 2 - Imgur

Thanks for the extra caps!

The bull barrel is mainly what's throwing me off, it looks like the barrel could possibly be a tad different than the NR/ANH Mauser. But if the disk was painted on for ANH, once the paint was removed there shouldn't be very much residue left behind.

Also MGC's need a plugged barrel to cycle it's parts and cartridges correctly so a muzzle flash shouldn't be possible for an MGC C96 without extensive modification. That muzzle flash actually looks more appropriate for the more common US/European style blank cartridges so odds are the Bunker blaster is a real Mauser.

But that bull barrel still seems strange looking aside from it's extra length. It's likely a real Mauser, but very tough to tell for sure if it's the ANH Mauser.

-Carson

Those are great screen caps! I don't want to get off topic but what software do you use?

Thanks, dcarty. I use a couple different programs to rip the video from the bluray discs I bought, then pack them into MKVs with the audio and subtitles. Then I just play them in VLC player and take screencaps using the built-in function. It does take obscene amounts of space, though. I'm glad I grabbed that extra 2 terabyte hard drive.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE Marushin MAUSER Model Gun Firing!! - YouTube

This shows a mauser PFC with some smoke coming out the barrel but not like
the film clip.

I know these are the plastic versions but they still seen to show smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lA13O3lUTo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGLSNt5mlSg&feature=related

I don't think a real Mauser could eject a shell like the Bunker gun does with only a primer, I know my auto wont cycle. Even a .22 Rugar wont cycle with blanks or bb caps (primer only)

There is a BIG difference between the muzzle flash in ANH and this bunker scene for sure.
A puzzle...

Frosty, I know you are on the interest thread and we will be posting a sale thread shortly.

Last edited:

Funnily enough I own one of those Marushin blank firing Mausers. I bought it back in 1987 in my first attempt to make the Solo blaster. I was foiled by the scope mount. I made a few patterns out of cardboard but never got around to fabricating it out of metal. For the scope I started to modify one of those two part metal brushes you use to clean the posts on your car battery lol (can't find it):

DCMM_01.jpg

I'm not entirely sold on the idea that the bunker blaster is a Marushin. Firstly the shape of the front of the magazine plate appears off to me--the bunker gun looks like a true C96 rather than the magazine bottom-loading model. Secondly the muzzle flash you see in the frame caps is waaay too powerful for the way mine fires. The caps Marushin uses have just enough power to cycle the action and leave a smoking barrel but that's it.

I also have a Marushin Schmeisser MP-40 and they are both essentially cool high-tech cap guns.

I do like that we are going through this process of elimination and trying to explore all avenues :)

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks, dcarty. I use a couple different programs to rip the video from the bluray discs I bought, then pack them into MKVs with the audio and subtitles. Then I just play them in VLC player and take screencaps using the built-in function. It does take obscene amounts of space, though. I'm glad I grabbed that extra 2 terabyte hard drive.

AhhHaaa! Clever :thumbsup I've tried a bunch of different programs and methods and have just ended up banging my head on the table and not getting any screen caps.

Thanks!

Dave

Blurays are a pain in the butt, compared to DVDs. The latter is quite easy. I haven't done it in a while, but I seem to recall being able to take them from DVDs directly, without having to rip them.

Nice Marushin, Dave! I own a few myself. Gotta love model guns, they always tend to be the most accurate of the replicas guns out there.

Cool videos too, Pat! I wish Marushin would just release a regular C96 for once! It probably wouldn't be metal but I bet they could make them pretty accurate. I think the plastic guns require less power to cycle, so that probably allows for the more open barrel and adds the more realistic smoke/flash effect out of the barrel. The MGC mausers are pretty heavy though and seem to take around the full power of the pfc cap to cycle correctly.

Definitely a bit of a puzzle though. Since it's likely a real Mauser and possibly the same one from ANH, I wonder what the chances are that that's the same lower receiver as the ANH Mauser as well? I also wonder if the ROTJ mounts match the ANH crossbar mounting areas. If so it seems likely that they would use the existing Mauser lower instead of drilling up another Mauser. But still not easy to tell for sure unfortunately..:unsure

-Carson

BLASTER in the interest thread asked:

It is very helpful where you listed what other versions/props used a particular part. If you could do that for each part in the buy thread that would be great. I will buy multiples of some parts if I can figure out which ones go on other versions.

I know the parts we are making can be used on several DL44 style models as well as other props. Maybe we can pinpoint the uses?

ANH HERO - ALL
MerrSonn- Barrel/Booster, Antenna, T Track, FULL ComLink Grills, Flash Hider
ROTJ cast LUKE promo gun- FH, Barrel
BunkerBlaster- Barrel, Mount, Scope,
ComLink- FULL GRILL
NR and ST Builds!
What am I missing?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back