ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

fast update:

Fired today...

The brazing on the rear mount didn't hold... and the flash hider and bull barrel set screws came loose. Not dangerously but loose.

So gotta fix the stupid mount... thinking about drilling and epoxy this one. IF the other breaks loose will do the same.

Also, it will only fire a single round. As far as I can tell the bolt doesn't blow back to chamber the next round... so I have to manual cock, eject, load each round. bummer. No idea if it's because of the weight of the parts, or weak loads.

After I fix the mount I will try again with parts off to see.

Range guys freaked out over it though. ^_^ Looks cool on video with big flames

...sure it's not weak loads. autos are finicky anyway and these c96 seem even more so. may need to adjust springs and such to compensate for the extra barrel weight.

How many rounds before it broke?

Did you drill and tap the rear as well as braze? With the rear tapped it should hold well enough. got some meat there.

Maybe try with the bull barrel and FH removed first (after fixing mount) see how it cycles.
then add the Bull barrel and fire.
then add the FH and fire.
May just be that for live fire you need the aluminum barrel and FH. Less mass. That should about equal the remover barrel section in weight.

WHERES THE VID!

Everything I'm reading says weak loads... but the parts may be the issue. Will test tomorrow...

video tonight..

about 30 rounds before it broke the braze.

At least you were up and gunning! Can't wait to see the video. I'm in the bluing stage on mine. It's gonna be a while before I get mine to the range.

...you dog! nice. had to be...a blast!

looks like you hit more than Solo ever did. No ceiling shots! ?

(stills from the vid!
Ferocious!

vlcsnap-2014-02-05-00h50m37s158.png
vlcsnap-2014-02-05-00h54m16s55.png
vlcsnap-2014-02-05-00h55m07s247.png

Last edited:
lol... I can try the solo limp wrist and see.

I was cool for sure, but the cycle issues were frustrating. Also because those springs are strong and pulling the bolt back manually so many times sucks with the scope in the way.

Still I put 50 rounds down range and toward the end figured out how to sight it even without my top sight greeblie. I got good groups toward the end...

...may be frustrating, but I give you points for not cursing...on tape. ...not even a "nurf hurder" slipped thru your lips!

Wow Scott, looks amazing seriously cool stuff

Wouldn't get to do that here in the UK (we can get into trouble with resin blasters :lol

That muzzle flash is incredible, what's it like without the "flash hider"

Look forward to seeing more

I giggled the whole time I watched that vid! I'm trying to get my hands on a real Mauser but it's proving a bit difficult. I have a licence for restricted but not for prohibited and I think the C96 falls in the latter here in Canada :( Still, it's fun to watch someone else at least. Thanks for posting that vid!!

Thanks guys!

I just got back from the range again.

I re-brazed the broken rear mount, and all is good.

I also took the FH and Bull barrel off... and still no cycle. Soooo... it IS the ammo! Yay... sort of. I have some more factory loads coming, so that may do the trick. I also kept my brass so I can have a friend reload for me and we can figure out the right stuff to make it work.

I did some reading last night about the issue and apparently light loads failing to cycle C96s is common.

Anyway more pics and video coming later.

bahahahaha that's awesome! Love the Catina song in the BG... lol...

Ok working on new videos from today... they look pretty much the same though

Sorry fell asleep... here's the second video:

So definitely the ammo is too light... even with no parts it wouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back