ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Could anyone who got the DEC SLEEVE-version bull barrel and flash hider please tell me if the length of exposed barrel is adjustable at all? I am asking as I am making a Power 5 instead, which appears to have a slightly longer barrel than Han's DL-44, and I'm wondering if I could use these parts. I tried emailing DEC directly to ask, but haven't heard back.
Thank you!

Sorry I didn't get back to you, if I don't respond to a PM right away you can email me.
Thanks Pat for answering this.

...I got my bid in!
I lowballed it hoping no one else would bid!
... But we all know that's not Hans blaster... Jeech

Jeez.. 200,000. Makes you wanna hit the mega millions jackpot all the more! :p

How much did that blaster sell for when the prop store of london had it?

-Carson

As i am budget minded (read cheap) i wasnt even aware of the antennas on this gun, my thought is this why not make them with wire and polymer clay?

Ok, quick thought concerning the t track the push rods/antenas, since this gun was altered, what if the new barrel was short, 2 to 3" couldnt that have been a front sight for the new barrel? Just a thought.
Currrently my mom is in the hospital and maynt come out, when thing settle i will begin my build, i will also start other posts so you guys can start to get to know my work. I have a mauser copy that i will be using but i will be using some of the things i have learned in this thread. It seems to me that, there are multiple guns that were used in each of the movies and few were exactly the same, based upon what you guys have posted.
Besides polymer clay and wire come from a more civilized time ;)

Be sure to post some pictures of your build, and best wishes to your mother in the hospital!
The sight idea has been kicked around here and there throughout the thread, but it's still a likely concept the original prop guys may have had in mind when putting the barrel greeblies on the Hero and the Merr Sonn blasters. :thumbsup

Han's blasters in ESB and ROTJ all usually get changed out to a different blaster from scene to scene. But interestingly enough, for ANH it was predominantly just the one Hero blaster seen throughout the movie. The only time they appear to have changed out the ANH Hero was for the added US footage of the 'under the table' Alternate Blaster during the Han vs. Greedo scene.

-Carson

Here's the best pictures I can seem to find of the ESB/ROTJ stunt that's currently on auction. I was excited to see the resolution of these first two photos, look at that detail!

Right-click and view image, or drag image to your tab-bar, or save to see all of the following pictures Full-Size:

enyqfcst.jpg

jCh5CbVT.jpg

DKAIo5aX.jpg

GNb9ZNjx.png

-Carson

Last edited:
Clearly not Hans blaster tho...;). Did ford ever handle this stunt for sure?
Surprised they have not been corrected.
200,000gs. For this stunt. Imagine how much the original ANH blaster would go for!

The ESB/ROTJ stunts are indeed cast from the ANH Hero's upper and lower, where as the Merr Sonns are cast from the ANH Hero's upper with it's original NR lower, before the frame swap.

I think Pat means that the stunt blaster can't really be screen matched accurately enough to confirm that Harrison Ford really used it. It's very possible that he may have used it at some point during ESB or ROTJ, but from what I understand the stunts were used whenever Luke or Han needed one. Considering that, you would think that they would have labeled the stunt blaster in auction to have been used by both Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford, or just undisclosed since they can't easily prove who used it.

I think there's a slight possibility that neither of them used it as well, like all of the stunts tossed around while filming the ESB scene where Vader forces the blaster out of Han's hand in cloud city.

I also agree that 200,000 is a tad much for a resin blaster.. I too would hate to hear how much the ANH hero remnant parts would auction for. :unsure

-Carson

...yes. That is the Prop Store stunt gun that I think is the same as the Luke poster pic.

LukeSnowspeederPilotDagobah.jpg

What I meant was that the images they posted of FORD holding a blaster is clearly not the same as the auction piece.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-26-at-14308-PM_zps619701b9.png~original

I think Lonepigeon said a while back thet this particular stunt with the ANH cast bull barrel and modified (holes filled) FH can not really be attributed to any actual screen use and was only seen in the the Luke pic above. (I think)

I see what you mean..:lol They used MGC and/or real Mauser based blasters for the screencaps in the auction. I think that ROTJ screencap shows the stembridge Mauser, which is pretty opposite of a stunt prop by quite a bit.

There's also that second existing ESB/ROTJ stunt of the same type that was on display a little while back too, the blaster in the lump photos. But now that I think about it, if the ESB stunts were used for ROTJ at all then Harrison Ford would have been the only person to have any use for one anyways since Luke only carried a blaster in ESB..aside from the DDC at the end of ANH.

pRvQL61a.jpg

-Carson

Last edited:
Hi all- Fantastic thread. Yes, I read the whole thing!

I'm starting a Denix ANH build, mostly from scratch. One thing I haven't really seen (or noticed) is the back of the grip. On my Denix, there is a slot cut into it, I'm assuming to facilitate the attachment of a buttstock. Is this common, Do others have this, and is it on the hero? Thanks in advance.

Yes. To all.
Welcome!
That's a lot of reading!:D

Hi all- Fantastic thread. Yes, I read the whole thing!

I'm starting a Denix ANH build, mostly from scratch. One thing I haven't really seen (or noticed) is the back of the grip. On my Denix, there is a slot cut into it, I'm assuming to facilitate the attachment of a buttstock. Is this common, Do others have this, and is it on the hero? Thanks in advance.

Just so no one misses out.

A simplified kit version of the mega parts is being planned for those who missed out on the mega run. There was a lot of interest in a less expensive version of accurate looking parts.

This is it.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/simplifie...ster-kit-parts-posted-permission-kpax-200277/

We have also seen a bunch of people asking for a round three of the steel parts.
I would get in touch with Dave at DEC and if there is enough to justify the run I am sure he will do it.

I think Lonepigeon said a while back thet this particular stunt with the ANH cast bull barrel and modified (holes filled) FH can not really be attributed to any actual screen use and was only seen in the the Luke pic above. (I think)

The Luke pic is the best reference of one during filming ESB.
I think the auction description is fair. The resin stunts were used for scenes like Vader grabbing Han's gun. They were probably used in the holsters quite a bit too.
This type of blaster is also obvious on The Muppet Show episode.
I'd like to see another resin stunt like this just to see how they vary. Do they all have the same scope bracket? ... or is this the actual one used on the Muppets and sent to Stembridge to copy for the ROTJ hero props. We've seen lots of E-11 stunts, but only this one DL-44 and there must be more.

The ESB and ROTJ shots in the catalog are obviously not of this gun, but there aren't any good hi res shots of the stunts. Publicity shots were purposely taken with the Hero props for obvious reasons.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back