ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Double post :facepalm

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    537 KB · Views: 278
This build looks great! Good job! I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of where you got your barrel? Did you machine it yourself or did you purchase it?

This build look great! Quick question, where'd you get your barrel and antenna? Did you machine it or purchase it? I'm looking for some for my DL-44. Thanks!

Hello,

I read that someone made a cast of the "Tom Tom" part? Did they cast the part in Metal? If so who can I contact about it. I would like to make a "Comlink" for my "TK"!

Andy

I did some testing with Pat's idea pertaining to the Merr Sonn's barrel greeblie and it looks like he's nailed it! The track and the antennas match up very well. The sides of the T-track base being trimmed appears to be necessary for the Merr Sonn, and it also points out the likeliness that the Hero's track was modified in some way as well.

Right-click and view image, or drag image to your tab-bar to see all of the following pictures Full-size. For some reason the forum won't show them in their correct size.

Here's a chart showing the Merr Sonn's greeblie setup:

Gpi6HyAw.png

The Hero's Antenna placement also appears to be right on the Barrel very much like the Merr Sonn antennas, no base or anything under the track at all. Which rules out both the classic theory, and first crooked track theory:

IaXOxa9K.png

But when it comes to the Hero's T-track though, I believe there's something else going on there. There's indicators that the T-track isn't centered on the Hero's barrel. Assuming that what we're seeing there is T-track of course..:p

UArZqMCI.png

Now with all this in mind and if it is indeed T-track like we've all been thinking, it must have been modified and cut to a very odd extent to resemble what we can see in the photos. I can't imagine why in the world they would bother cutting up the t-track so much for the Hero, but there isn't many other options left.
Here's one example of how much the track would need to be trimmed in order to explain the highlight reaching the FH from the Left-side, and the center highlight in the Top-view. The only thing on T-track that sets below the FH height is the track's base which would more likely be what that Center highlight is in the Top-view. Meaning the highlight reaching the FH from the Left-side must be very close up against the Antenna head. Notice how thin the T-track center strip would need to be trimmed because of that:

5fYIQhOU.png

What do you guys think, any other ideas or possibilities anybody can think of for the Hero's track? There's gotta be another explanation other than the overly cut-up track like above.

-Carson

Last edited:
wow! Pretty amazing layout there Carson!

Thanks for showing the 3d versions of the idea. Seems to prove pretty conclusively that the antenna/push rod head was glued directly on the barrel.

If there was an image of the top view of the Merr Sonn we could know for sure but none have shown up...yet. They still exist don't they? Anybody ever see them at the shows? If so...Get a pic of the top!

I can't see any other way it can be based on the materials we currently have.

As for the Track that Carson questions...

I believe it is as below.

Nothin but Glue...

Note the cross section of the antenna Track. The black area is where the glue would have been.
At the botton you see an example comparison of the HERO and my model with clay acting as glue.

The Glue would have filled the half round hollow under the track as can be seen on the Luke Lightsaber handle(bottom) If you look close you can see the void filled.

The Track is cut or ground at the edge of the hollow.
The glue is also between the antenna and the track edge which creates a "drift" or bevel of glue up the side of the antenna head.

When the gun was fired (probably the first time) the recoil shook the Flash Hider and tipped it into the Track and Left antenna knocking them into oblivion...but that's another movie.

The Right antenna may have been glued just a little further to the rear and did not get dislodged but the Glue from under the Track and along side remained.

The clay and compared top and side images all have the same points and highlights so I believe this is correct. No Track left...only Glue.

Now what the Track looked like when it was on is anybodies guess.
It could have been cut like any of the options at the top in yellow.
Left square like the MerrSonn... but that would have looked silly and blunt and Hans blaster does not have the stuff at the rear to butt the track against.
Could have been cut following a pistol Ramp sight and thee shape of the antenna head... logical
Could have been cut like the Fett Blaster... at a steep bevel
Could have been cut like Luke's Lightsaber handle with a rounded corner...
You can decide which makes sense and looks best.
My money is on the Ramp sight as it seems logical to make it look like a front sight... but who knows. They may have went for easy consistent and had a blunt suare cut like the MerrSonn... we may never know unless a pre -damaged Blaster image shows up!

q3n9.jpg

Very nice! Now that I've finished (for now) my Bladerunner Blaster I can turn my attention to the reason I got into this hobby in the first place: Han Solo's hero blaster! The Dark Energy parts really are amazing. I'm only now really giving them a close look and Dave, aka dmachinist, it's been said already but it's worth repeating: you did an amazing job. And thanks again to kpax and deadbolt for all they've done and continue to do.

Now hopefully the wooden grips will be ready about the time I finish up!

Very nice! Now that I've finished (for now) my Bladerunner Blaster I can turn my attention to the reason I got into this hobby in the first place: Han Solo's hero blaster! The Dark Energy parts really are amazing. I'm only now really giving them a close look and Dave, aka dmachinist, it's been said already but it's worth repeating: you did an amazing job. And thanks again to kpax and deadbolt for all they've done and continue to do.

Now hopefully the wooden grips will be ready about the time I finish up!

Thanks! I really appreciate it! The wood grips will be on pre sale by the end of next week, I will make sets for the C96 and MGC,
They are based off of Carsons models and Pat's reference, and I sent Carson a set to test fit,

on another note...
That's very good modeling Carson! Good eye for detail

Last edited:
And for the Denix owners which grips are good for adaption? Also will both the grips and mini blaster be done at the same time?

I think? The MGC will be adaptable to an unaltered Denix. I "fixed" my Denix so I can't compare now. We will be testing with a new Denix and keep you posted. They look great by the way and are correct for the HERO. 32 line , brass escutcheons and all!

And for the Denix owners which grips are good for adaption? Also will both the grips and mini blaster be done at the same time?

The grips will be done before the 1/3 kits, if you need me to hold on to them and ship in one box just let me know
I estimate the grips should be done 2-3 weeks after I start

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back