ANH * Death Star Laser Turret

I have selected the pics that show the rear, but still need to upload them.

On the left, right and above the Hummel vent/Stug strip are mostly 48 Panther G parts.

The turnaround shots from the Bluray also show that the kitparts on the base are on two sides, and not just one. Both sides have nearly all the steps broken off (see white dots from missing parts).

Cheers,
Wasili

Since I'll be building this model eventually, I did some full resolution captures straight from the discs. I hope they help others, too. Simon, I even grabbed one of the crane just for you!

Craig

Last edited:
These are great, clear pics. Wow!

Oh yeah, I forgot this was one of the rotating models they got backwards (because they must have filmed it with the turntable going the opposite direction than normal). The pics need to be flipped on the last 7 of them. They did it with the rebel transport too.

It's funny. I just checked my pics from the blu ray and they're the correct orientation. Mine don't need to be flipped. Maybe I did it after the fact and forgot.

Last edited:
I see what you mean. The turntable was indeed reversed, so to keep things straight I corrected them here.

Cheers,
Craig

Last edited:
Thanks my friends~! Scott, Jedimaster and Craig :thumbsup

Although I already had all of posted pics, it is not enough for me in order to IDing. :cry
I wish to get more clear and a big size pics for the rear...

thanks Eric.

Eric:

As I just PM'd you, there's another of those peerless 1 1/2 ton truck pieces on it. Thanks for pointing out where it is on the side.

We see the panther boxes and the 1 1/5 hummel rectangular vent piece.

I understand what you're saying though. It's hard to make out anything else.

In the lower left corner, on a seam line I see what look like two hinges from a german tank rear deck. Not sure of the scale. Other than that, there's not much left to ID back there.

I hope this helps. There hosted off site, so might be a bit bigger for the screen.

Does anyone know the boxy donor part on the base. There's two pics at the end of the post.

Cheers,
Wasili

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-001.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-002.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-003.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-004.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-005.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-006.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-007.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-008.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-009.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-010.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-011.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-012.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-013.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-014.jpg

Wasili-ANHDeathStarLaserTurretBrussels2008-015.jpg

Wow great pix mate.... Thanks. I've seen that pattern on the top of the box before. I'll have a look. We should do a parts map for anyone building this.

That would be great. My first guess was Truck / gastank valve panel thingy, car battery box, but no luck so far. The taper is very distinct. Also note the 4 screws in the rear of the turret, i guess to pop off that panel and access the insides.

I did go through the plastruct catalog more than once (i'm sure i'm not the only one here), but didn't come across the steps. It does look like there are two diferent kinds of steps.

On the rear: above the 88mm boxes I see panther tank tools. Horizontally above the hummel vent part you can see a panther fender.

Yep, that's the fender.

On the rear > bottom strip, left corner. The two small parts above each other that cross the vertical line, are from the Stug. They are also on the R2 strip.

No, I'm positive it's the wire cutters that sit on that frame. From a panther or jagdpanther. Probably molded in place on the frame or from the same kit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back