ANH * Death Star Laser Turret

Looks like i chose the right subject to model :)

Just to be a bit more clear. The model will be broken down into sections, and each section will be offered seperately, when they are finished.

I'll make a parts breakdown, and subsequent pricelist on thursday or friday, so we can go from there.

Many thanx for the energy in here... Love it..

Cheers,
Wasili

Last edited:
Great plan for Laser turret Wasili :thumbsup

The followings are the kit list so far...
Actually, I finished most of the turbo laser excluding the details on the back side.
I'm wondering whether you can share me the pics of back side? if you don't mind...because I never find the detail pics to identify the donor kits.:cry

thanks Eric.

Airifx 1/24 Messerchmitt ME109
Airfix 1/600 Graf Spee
Airfix 1/24 P-51D
AMT 1/25 White Boss truck
AMT 1/25 Fruehauf Tanker
Aurora 1/48 M8 Carrier
Aurora Sealab
Aurora Saratoga
Bandai 1/15 Stug IV
Bandai 1/15 Hummel
Bandai 1/24 M60
Bandai 1/24 Jagd Panther
Bandai 1/24 Messerchmitt ME109
Bandai 1/24 German Tank 4 Type F2
Bandai 1/48 Panther G
Bandai 1/48 Matilda
Bandai 1/48 8 ton semi truck
Fujimi 1/76 Panther G
Fujimi 1/76 Sherman
Hasegawa 1/72 Sherman M4A3E8
Hasegawa 1/450 Yamato
Hasegawa 1/450 Akagi
Heller 1/400 LaSeine
Nichimo 1/35 Jagd Tiger
Nichimo 1/500 Yamato
Revell 1/32 MiG 21
Tamiay 1/12 Texaco Marlboro M23
Tamiay 1/12 Honda F1
Tamiay 1/12 Ferrari 312B
Tamiay 1/16 Sherman
Tamiya 1/35 M10 Tank Destroyer
Tamiya 1/35 8rad
Tamiya 1/35 Panzer III M/N
Peerless Max 1/35 1 1/2 - Ton Personnel Carrier
X-Wing Droid Plate

Hi Eric,

Thanx for your kitlist. I'll post some pics of the rear tonight when i get back, and reply more a single sentence.

Cheers,

Wasili

Thanx Jim, and all the others, for your interest.

Tomorrow (thursday) i'll open up the JY thread with the parts breakdown, prices and the pre-order list.

I'm now going through my pics for some decent shots of the rear of the turret.

One thing i wanted to add regarding both the base and the top. Each is made of pre-machined 4mm sheets. You'll have the engraved lines in the front (horizontal and vertical lines), and the chamfered edges on the rear.

Additionally you can find some small rectangles scattered all over the surfaces. These are included as loose and numbered pieces.

Meaning that you will NOT get a ton of squares that cover a bare box, if you catch my drift.

Cheers,

Wasili

What a great project.

Nice work! Wasili
Thanks for all the sweat and labor.
If I had room I'd want to get one of these too
but I especially like that you using 3D Cad/Cam & RP to aid in the process.

Just Curious what 3D software you're using? , if you don't mind my asking

Hey guys,

Wanted to post the list tonite, but couldn't acces the rpf til now. Too late now, will do it tomorrowevening.

sorry.

Cheers,

Wasili

Thanks Wasili, all good, look forward to it, as stated, IN and now committed anyway going by recent kit purchases lol.

Bests.... Lee

Pre-order list in Junkyard is open:

***** EDIT (july 2013) : OLD BROKEN LINK REMOVED *****

Ralphee asked me transfer the names of members that stated here in this thread, they wanted on the kitlist. So please check the list (and the price, which wasn't determined when people expressed their interest), and if i need to change something, let me know, and i'll do so asap.

Have a good weekend.

Cheers,
Wasili

Last edited:
Wow, nice looking parts. Will keep an eye on this thread to see if I may want to upgrade some parts on my old tower.

Hi Eric,

Here's what I have of the back. Taken from screen photos of the TV. One is from the movie, and the others are from the blu ray revolving/turn around of the model. I wish they were clearer. They were taken with a good quality camera, but the details still get fuzzed out. It actually helps me see them clearer if I shrink them down on my screen.

The hummel vent part is easy to ID. I'm imagining that the three rectangular parts at the bottom are maybe 1/48 scale 88mm shell storage containers from the german halftrack. They look the right proportion. Also, to the left of the hummel part are a couple of those square internal engine parts with a circle on top that are probably part of the internal panther engine.

I hope that helps a little.

The little square boxes with the circle on top , are they not the same as the Bandai 1/48 panther bits all over the front? Also the rectangle at the bottom left is I think another radiator, possibly on the same sprue as the side ones from the 1/24 panther.

heres a couple , not sure if the first is any better rez than scotts.

large.jpg

this one shows the depth and you can clearly see the stug strip sticking out between the hummel vent and hummel pipes. its the same config as on the starboard side.

DeathstarTowerScreengrab2.jpg

Also i'm pretty sure the 3 rectangular boxes are the same as these 3 on the right.

3961489907_997fb2f98c.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back