Amazing Spiderman 2 Zentai Suit

Hey, how's it going. I bought this suit a few months back kinda taking a dive like you said and hoping for the best. I was pretty impressed with the suit but I definitely wanted to kinda make it my own. Unfortunately my sewing abilities aren't that great so I went the route of buying a suit. In the past week I have puff painted the entire suit as well as adding lenses and soles. I'm really happy with how the puff painting turned out as well as the soles and lenses. I haven't been able to get ahold of a decent face shell but my shaped head doesn't look extremely terrible in the mask. Not sure if you've started puff painting but if you like any tips or questions I'll be more than happy to answer the best I can. I ran into a couple small snags with the paint but all in all it turned out great. Will be more than happy to share some pics if interested. I'm also in the works of building my own rendition of a web shooter.

- - - Updated - - -

I used metallic black as well, Tulip brand. Straight from the bottle gave good solid lines and came out steady. Just be very careful with air getting into the bottle. I had a couple times where air would back up and cause the paint to spray out all at once in a big glob. Luckily I was able to mostly fix it before it stained the red fabric. Let me know if you'd like pics of the paint process.

Hey, I actually have no intentions to puffy paint my suit. I like the webs as they are. But I'm glad you took the leap and got this suit!

Hello, I am new to therpf and I've always wanted to buy a suit and mod it... After finding out that ZentaiZentai steal other members prints I decided not to buy from them. However this suit from zentai zone looks brilliant.
One question, did you choose the "open eyes" feature for this costume? Thank you

Attached. I'm considering buying a second one with the hood removable just to have both options :) We shall see.

i know the threads a bit old now but ive been trying to figure this out as ive been looking at the suit myself. You mention it has a horizontal zip across the back (just below the shoulders i guess?) but also that the mask is attached. Does this mean you can't easily remove it and have it hang down like on suits that have a vertical back zip. Or is there a zip on the back of the hood too? Im never too fond of getting dettached hoods on these suits as ive had issues in the past where they dont line up that well or leave a bit to much of a gap if i look downwards etc. but not being able to remove the hood at all wouldn't be so great either.

i know the threads a bit old now but ive been trying to figure this out as ive been looking at the suit myself. You mention it has a horizontal zip across the back (just below the shoulders i guess?) but also that the mask is attached. Does this mean you can't easily remove it and have it hang down like on suits that have a vertical back zip. Or is there a zip on the back of the hood too? Im never too fond of getting dettached hoods on these suits as ive had issues in the past where they dont line up that well or leave a bit to much of a gap if i look downwards etc. but not being able to remove the hood at all wouldn't be so great either.

No, if you get it with the mask attached, you'd have to completely expose your shoulders to get the mask off. The zipper is where the red and blue meet.

No, if you get it with the mask attached, you'd have to completely expose your shoulders to get the mask off. The zipper is where the red and blue meet.

ah, was kind of concerned that would be the case. From what i can gather de-ttached mask option for this suit is also incredibly difficult to get on without moding it

I just got my copy of this suit in the mail, I previously ordered Mr Wang's Mr Fantastic costume, and was very impressed with the quality. After opening this package today, I was definitely satisfied with the quality of the suit. I ordered the mask detachable, and already have some plans for modding it.

Since the seam at the neck line on the costume is rather thick, I thought about sewing some hooks (like the hooks in a bra strap) into the seam, and some eyes into an elastic band that will be sewn into the base of the back of the neck of the mask. I think it will replicate the look of pinching it in the back and pulling it down, which I like much better than how it sits right now. As for the eyes, I ordered the eyes from his site, he ships them with a small stick of hot glue, which is cool. I don't know if I'm going to mod the lenses, I may if I can find that sheet material on etsy used in Master Chief helmets. I think it comes in silver.

Anyway, very stoked on modding this. Also, the soles. Not sure what sort of soles to use. Should I buy river shoes? I was looking at dollar store sandals, and they just look too cheap to me.

I am also not wearing a faceshell, it doesn't look terrible, and the neckhole on the mask is already tiny enough as it is, without trying to stretch it over a faceshell.

so...uhh.... a while back i got a spidey suit from zentai zentai not knowing they stole from here.... forgiveth me :cry but ive been wanting to glue this darn eva spider on this suit for like three weeks and havent found what i should use to glue it!!! plz help?!

Has anyone seen the v2 version? It has insoles and a brick pattern on the red fabric too. The pics look darker and more accurate to the film.....

I've seen it. I personally think that the honeycomb on the red is too defined. It needs to be red not black or else it looks weird in my opinion.

Anyone here try the shapeways lenses? I'm getting the Zentaizone suit along with their lenses (cost $15). But I'm worried that the zentaizone lenses may not cover up the black outlining that is sewn onto the entire suit. So basically my question is, if anyone has gotten the shapeways lenses, would they be big enough to cover that up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Until tonight I had NO IDEA that in order to properly activate puff paint you have to blow dry or steam it!

(I have to start thoroughly reading directions...lol)

Hopefully all you guys are doing this...it makes a MAJOR difference in quality!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back