Amazing Spider-Man 2 W.I.P. (Pic Heavy)

Thanks bro! And yeah I'm hoping to get around to taking full suit pics (not taken by me in a mirror, lol) in the next week or so, but ill be busy this week with work, so it probably won't happen until next weekend. I just wanted to make sure i got some pics up this weekend so everyone thats interested wouldn't have to wait a full week! ;)

And you're also right in regards to painting over the seam lines, i really want to get it done before the premiere (may 2) but i doubt ill be able to do it cause of work, and i'd rather finish the shoes so i can walk outside without damaging the fabric.

Still lots to do although i'm really happy with how its coming together! :)

Ya ghe problem is that u can paint all sewing lines at once. Like pinning it on a cardboard and paint the left side of the mask. Let it fully dry and then do the roght side.

You should let it fully dry (few days) before i pin it wotj the painted side) i saw ot from someone that let dry one day and did it. The result wad the cardboard was glued to the puff paint and kinda ruined it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya ghe problem is that u can paint all sewing lines at once. Like pinning it on a cardboard and paint the left side of the mask. Let it fully dry and then do the roght side.

You should let it fully dry (few days) before i pin it wotj the painted side) i saw ot from someone that let dry one day and did it. The result wad the cardboard was glued to the puff paint and kinda ruined it.

Yeah ill probably start working on it next weekend or next week sometime when I'm not so busy, because the last thing i'd want to do is ruin this suit because of impatience! ;)

Sick dude!

Hey everyone, just a quick update. I just painted the back spider and am now finished all the painting I'm doing to this suit! Im glad I waited until the suit was fully sewn to paint it, because it covers the seam line down the middle of the spider really well.

Once the paint dries in a few hours I'm hoping to upload a few test pics of me in the suit. I'm also planning to get the shoes tomorrow. I've decided to get with aqua/water shoes for now, but might switch to kung-fu shoes later on for inside the shoe to give it a structured look. And I'm also hoping to find a second pair that I can rip apart for the soles that go on the bottom (outside) of the foot.

Anyways enjoy the pics and more updates are coming very soon! :D

View attachment 316962View attachment 316964View attachment 316966View attachment 316967View attachment 316969View attachment 316970

If you don't mind my asking, how did you do the patterning for the blue part of the suit? It is absolutely perfect and its the exact look I want for a 2099 suit I'm planning.

Just PM'd Coshabogbrae but just wondered if anybody else had any tips on how much Puff Paint in each colour I'll need for my suit?
thanks for the help!

Hey dude for the shoes I am personally using title boxing shoes and cutting the uppers down to look like a normal boot then sandwiching the fabric between the boot and the sole. If you need any tips crazydog500 has some video's on youtube which is where I got the idea of the title boxing shoes from

If you don't mind my asking, how did you do the patterning for the blue part of the suit? It is absolutely perfect and its the exact look I want for a 2099 suit I'm planning.

Thanks for the question and kind words! :) I simply painted the brick pattern with "navy blue" tulip slick puffy paint. If you're familiar with any ASM1 suit builds where people would puffy paint the blue and red honeycomb pattern, I just did the same thing with this suit. The actually brick pattern came with Orhadar's file and the print I received from fabric on demand. I simply just traced over it all with the paint. Hope that helps!

I just replied to everyone's PMs! and thank you to everyone for the compliments!

Hey dude for the shoes I am personally using title boxing shoes and cutting the uppers down to look like a normal boot then sandwiching the fabric between the boot and the sole. If you need any tips crazydog500 has some video's on youtube which is where I got the idea of the title boxing shoes from

And thanks for the tip! Right now I'm using water shoes for the inside of the foot, but i'm still considering switching to kung-fu shoes, or now, the boxing shoes to give it a better "boot" structure, as you mentioned. I mainly used the water shoes as a quick fix, that will work for the next few weeks or so for when I plan to use it, however I'm still researching and deciding on what to use for the permanent instalment. I appreciate the insight though! Because I just looked at crazydog500's shoes in his suit and you're right they look awesome and give it a great structured look :) i'm seriously considering going that route now. Thanks!

I just replied to everyone's PMs! and thank you to everyone for the compliments!

And thanks for the tip! Right now I'm using water shoes for the inside of the foot, but i'm still considering switching to kung-fu shoes, or now, the boxing shoes to give it a better "boot" structure, as you mentioned. I mainly used the water shoes as a quick fix, that will work for the next few weeks or so for when I plan to use it, however I'm still researching and deciding on what to use for the permanent instalment. I appreciate the insight though! Because I just looked at crazydog500's shoes in his suit and you're right they look awesome and give it a great structured look :) i'm seriously considering going that route now. Thanks!

Glad I could help mate. Cant wait to see you suit when it is finished. How long did it take for your TJack face shell to arrive and also how long did it take for Trophywife to sew it

i take pattern to Orhadar now hope get this same result on you !! very cool work !
what is price for print it at fabric on demand please?

Suit Pics!

Hey everyone, just slipped into the fully painted suit for a few mins. Nothing special but its a good look at what the suit looks like overall! Sorry for the shortage of pics, I took a lot more but they came out pretty blurry as it was hard to tell if they were in perfect focus through the lenses. The shoes aren't done, I'm hoping to go shopping for them tomorrow. And the last pic is of the back spider with the paint being fully dry. Hope you enjoy! :)

View attachment 317142View attachment 317143View attachment 317144View attachment 317145View attachment 317147View attachment 317148
Wow dude, that's amazing (Spider man) :) Seriously, that's awesome! Nice work

Glad I could help mate. Cant wait to see you suit when it is finished. How long did it take for your TJack face shell to arrive and also how long did it take for Trophywife to sew it

Yeah you and me both! ;)

I was lucky enough to be on the third run of tjack's faceshell and lens combo! From the time he got back from vacation and started the order run of mine and the other 4, it took about 2-3 weeks before it arrived at my door. Sorry I don't have a more specific date but I never recorded it or anything. But Tjack is great and fast. Once he starts whatever run you're on, you should expect to see it in your hands in a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

i take pattern to Orhadar now hope get this same result on you !! very cool work !
what is price for print it at fabric on demand please?

Hey, I just sent you a PM on pricing :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow dude, that's amazing (Spider man) :) Seriously, that's awesome! Nice work

Hahaha the most overused pun ever, but it never gets old! Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it!

Yeup! Same blue as most people used on their tasm1 suits :) I used just under 4 (4oz) bottles for the whole suit.

I just ordered a little bottle of metallic blue so i can compare it with the navy blue.
I am wondering if its close to the light reflecting of the movie suit :)

Otherwise i will go with the navy blue. It looks great on ur suit :)

I just ordered a little bottle of metallic blue so i can compare it with the navy blue.
I am wondering if its close to the light reflecting of the movie suit :)

Otherwise i will go with the navy blue. It looks great on ur suit :)

WOW I never even thought there was a color like that hahahaha man that could look sick because you're right he actual movie suit doesn't have the exact look mine has, it just looks pretty close when you can see the sheen. But other than hat it just gives and overall darker contrast. I'd be VERY interested in seeing how a fully painted suit with metallic blue would look!

WOW I never even thought there was a color like that hahahaha man that could look sick because you're right he actual movie suit doesn't have the exact look mine has, it just looks pretty close when you can see the sheen. But other than hat it just gives and overall darker contrast. I'd be VERY interested in seeing how a fully painted suit with metallic blue would look!

I wasnt sure what they used there
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399073050.218834.jpg

Wow that's an awesome pic! But yeah the colour and sheen looks way more movie accurate. Perhaps it is metallic blue to match the metallic black webs! Metal spidey! ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back