Amazing Spider-Man 2 W.I.P. (Pic Heavy)

Hey everyone, sorry its been a while but i've been really busy with work and had little time to spend on the suit but more importantly I have pics of the finished shoes!

I used an adhesive called: "E6000" (pic below of the bottle) and attached the suit to a the soles of a pair of water/aqua shoes i cut the tops off of. The process was actually really simple, and if anyone wants me to explain it more thoroughly i'd be happy to do it, but it really was pretty much applying the glue all over the part of the shoes i'd be standing on, and then standing on it with my feet in the suit. I put a pair of shoes in the suit to help give it a more structured look and it ensured that the glue wouldn't stick to my feet through the fabric!

The only difficult part was waiting, as the glue takes up to 72 hours to fully dry, but i let it dry for the full 72 because i wasn't in a rush. I stood in the shoes for about 3-4 hours to help apply more intense pressure for the beginning of the drying process, and then placed the shoes under a mattress with weight on it, this way it helped keep the pressure being applied equal, and obviously so I wouldn't have to stand in them for 3 days! :)

I have to give a big shoutout to the member on here by the name of Lunaman for the help with this process, as well as his thread, because without it i'd probably be still trying to sew them together. But this glue is incredibly solid, and i've given it a good, solid test, and i can confidently say i could probably run a marathon in these and they won't come apart, so to anyone glueing shoes to their suits i highly recommend you consider this option!

Anyways, pics below! Enjoy! :)

View attachment 325752View attachment 325750View attachment 325751 View attachment 325756View attachment 325757View attachment 325758View attachment 325759View attachment 325764View attachment 325762View attachment 325763View attachment 325765
Should have looked at this before attempting it. Mine ended up being a mess lol.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back