Amazing Spider-Man 2 W.I.P. (Pic Heavy)

Hey everyone, just a quick update. I just painted the back spider and am now finished all the painting I'm doing to this suit! Im glad I waited until the suit was fully sewn to paint it, because it covers the seam line down the middle of the spider really well.

Once the paint dries in a few hours I'm hoping to upload a few test pics of me in the suit. I'm also planning to get the shoes tomorrow. I've decided to get with aqua/water shoes for now, but might switch to kung-fu shoes later on for inside the shoe to give it a structured look. And I'm also hoping to find a second pair that I can rip apart for the soles that go on the bottom (outside) of the foot.

Anyways enjoy the pics and more updates are coming very soon! :D

IMG_1407.JPGIMG_1409.JPGIMG_1413.JPGIMG_1418.JPGIMG_1419.JPGIMG_1420.JPG

For the soles u could also buy a thin sole rubber and cut the shape of the show out.

Ps: sadly the pics dont want to load. Its loading like minutes and still nothing. I blame the app ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh. Now :p

Man it looks awesome.

U paint the sewinglines in black too?

Glad the pics work! I was confused for a second hahaha. And for the seam lines I actually asked trophywife to run her machine over them so it looks like the pieces were sewn together. It looks really good in my opinion and I'm thankful she was so accommodating. So it's not paint, but actual thread :)

Ahh ok. U puffpainted the sewinglines too before the sewing.
My seamstress saids it easier for her when i dont do it :).

Suit Pics!

Hey everyone, just slipped into the fully painted suit for a few mins. Nothing special but its a good look at what the suit looks like overall! Sorry for the shortage of pics, I took a lot more but they came out pretty blurry as it was hard to tell if they were in perfect focus through the lenses. The shoes aren't done, I'm hoping to go shopping for them tomorrow. And the last pic is of the back spider with the paint being fully dry. Hope you enjoy! :)

IMG_1431.JPGIMG_1441.JPGIMG_1444.JPGIMG_1449.JPGIMG_1456.JPGIMG_1479.JPG

Dude, this is amazing. I really like the fabric you've chosen, do you mind telling me which fabric it is?
I'm thinking about making the Batsuit from 'Son of Batman'. And I don't want to use leather. So if you could help me out that would be great! :)

Dude, this is amazing. I really like the fabric you've chosen, do you mind telling me which fabric it is?
I'm thinking about making the Batsuit from 'Son of Batman'. And I don't want to use leather. So if you could help me out that would be great! :)

Its the same Like everyone else use :)
It is spandex or lycra. Some companies have a polyester-lycra or polyester-spandex.

I'm still waiting for someone to try the Moleskin-Spandex. Pretty anxious to see what that'll look like!

I saw a new thread of someone that wanna start it.
But the polyester spandex i have atm as a shiny effect too. Not as much as in the movie but enough for me.

Thanks for the kind words guys! :)

And yes just to confirm Aron is right. I just used Lycra spandex, which is the same fabric everyone else has used. Good luck with your batsuit build though! It sounds awesome!

Ohh and what i meant woth painting the sewing lines are the sewing lines on the mask. There i would puffpaint over them so the webbing gets complete :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back