All hail the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth of House Corrino!

Nah man. That's gonna be awesome.
He CAN talk normally, LoL. And he can do indignantly simmering controlled rage, which is most of what you see out of the emperor.

Screenshot_20220512-214524.png

Ahahaha. Looks like poor "Tex" is gonna end another movie gettin  shanked.

He's a good choice though.

Perhaps he will be able to give to Paul his father’s watch; a watch that he has been keeping, in a certain place where the sun doesn’t shine…

"The way the Duke looked at it, this spice was your birthright. He'd be damned if any Harkonnen's gonna put their greasy hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his a$$."

I just MOSTLY caught up to the movie, reading the book.

I've tried the book before, but didn't really get it... watching Denis' Dune was like the Rosetta Stone for me... Now I love it.

That said, I'm surprised people complaining about lack of Emperor in Part 1... cuz unless I missed something, he's not even in what I've read so far...

So I have ZERO idea if Walken fits... but Denis portrayal of all the other characters, really works for me reading the book.

I'm becoming a HUGE Dune Nerd.

And Pough is in the next?!?! LOVE her.

Same here, except I read the book and then watched the movie. The only complaint I have with the first book is that it is like throwing a kid who can't swim into a pool and figuring they will learn quickly. The throw a lot of terms, organizations, etc. at you and you have to figure them out without an upfront explanation of what's what. By God Emperor of Dune, it gets a little wacky, IMO, but still makes sense. I just got the last two of the Frank Herbert books, but haven't started them yet.

I'm holding out on finishing the book until I've seen Dune part 2...

I've rarely if ever seen a movie that bested the book, but a book, for me, has always enhanced a movie...

I don't wanna finish the Dune book and then be let down by the movie... pretty sure I'll love Dune Part 2, and then have the book make it even better...

Cuz even rewatching part 1 as I finished the first half of the book was a better viewing experience...

Little subtle stuff that felt like nods to the characters inner thoughts only read on the page.

I read the books back in the 80's before the first movie came out in '85 or so and was very disappointed in it. I've found that if you read a book first the movie never matches with what you visualized in your mind. I will say the new movie came pretty damn close and am really looking forward to part 2. I agree about the books getting a little wacky/crazy but they were still fun reads.

I thought the movie got things pretty darn close to what I had in my head. Way closer than any other movies. The ornithopters were dead on, IMO. The movies did cut out a lot of stuff like most of Jessica's scenes in the beginning though. It adds to the back story, but they probably thought it would drag in a movie.

I did tell my nephew to wait to watch the movies until the second part is out because I think, at least in his case, without reading the book he might dismiss the story altogether because it's only half the story. I can't get that kid to read a book at all!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back