ALIEN SHIPS 3D MODELS

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, so with an enforced quiet spell over Xmas I took another deep dive down the rabbit hole that is Alien; I've tackled the EVA helmet and suit and built a self destruct box already, but now find myself drooling over the ships; namely the Narcissus, Nostromo and the Refinery. My plan is to try and collect as much reference material as possible and produce really accurate 3D models.

The Narcissus is first because there are a good amount of pics of the SS build, as well as the masterful work done by NS4 and Lee Stringer
The Nostromo next and while there are a lot of pics, there's not much in the way of kit ID's etc
And finally, my absolute fave, the mineral ore refinery...the hulking great industrial juggernaut. Easily the most difficult to pin down as far as quality ref goes, so I'm hoping for as much help as I can get.

OK, The Narcissus...got the main superstructure done and have a list of kit parts to finish modelling...

NARCISSUS.jpg

NARCISSUS 3.jpg

NARCISSUS 1.jpg

NARCISSUS 2.jpg

I had often wondered about that.

I thought that a lot of the action took place in the towed refinery...the cluster of shuttle external tank models fits there better.

IF we're talking about possible things to model [ :D ], how about this bad boy?

View attachment 1775527

Excellent research thread HERE
Not familiar with this ship...might well have a go at it
Personally, I'd love to have a go at modelling this complete system by Ron Cobb - but I've got to finish my APC first. :)
View attachment 1775542
Also not familiar with APC?

Got all the top side kit parts done on the Narcissus...the underneath is quite a bit heavier;

NARCISSUS 4.png
NARCISSUS 5.png
NARCISSUS 6.png

Just finished watching an awesome Youtube series called Alien Makers;
Dennis Lowe chatting with most of the prop guys who worked on the original film...lots of info and some rare pics to be had. Phil Rae alludes to the size of the SS Narcissus as around 3'/90cm...any thoughts?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back