Accurized 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

I plan on casting the interior in clear resin. I'm waiting for some molds to set up for the gun well windows, the cockpit chairs, engine vents, boarding ramp lift cylinders, and the chairs. I can then pour the next round.

I've had a number of builders enquire about the radar dish. The one that I have attached to my Falcon is permanent and wasn't built to have silicone poured over it. I'll more than likely scratch build another if I get enough interest.

Here's the latest update where the build sits now. I made all the vent screens, and some more detail pieces just to fill in the gaps

millenniumfalcon08.jpg

thank you for looking at my build and Happy New Year.

scratchy

Thanks Steve, I have a long way to go and a lot parts to build. For such a small detailed kit, it's amazing what can still be cramed into it.:cool

You know, I've got two of these kits in the garage.... I've got more kits and more projects than I know what to do with. Nice to get a chance to watch others build the ships on my list. I always learn something new.

As per usual nice update. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup,

How many other greable parts are missing on the little bugger, scratchy??

You got the original parts to copy, or good enough pics?

ozzy

You my friend are NUTS! Keep up the good work! :behave

Thanks Tek2graphics

You know, I've got two of these kits in the garage.... I've got more kits and more projects than I know what to do with. Nice to get a chance to watch others build the ships on my list. I always learn something new.

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the thread Underdog. I like looking at what other people are doing with the same kits that I have, it opens my eyes to some of the areas that I would have overlooked.

What a cool build. Your Falcon is looking incredible!

Thank you YamahaGTS

As per usual nice update. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup,

How many other greable parts are missing on the little bugger, scratchy??

You got the original parts to copy, or good enough pics?

ozzy

I have no idea how many details are missing on the kit, but there are a number of parts that are missing from the 32" studio model.

Since I'm collecting kits for a SS Millennium Falcon, I've been utilizing the actual kit part to downsize. For the kits that I don't have, I hunt down some kitscans that are available on the net.

Oooh yeah, nicely done! I'm trying to do the same cockpit window mod on my "1/200 something" Falcon, hope it comes out just as sharp as yours Scratchy.

I scratched a vent screen, just so that the consistancy is there from screen to screen. I think it's an improvement from the others. I have to make it a point to learn how to make my own photo etch. I also light tested the first clear casts of the cockpit and gunwell. I'm satisfied, but I had to clean them up with some putty due to the air bubbles.

millenniumfalcon11.jpg

Great idea Jay, Are you going to put decals over them or paint? Wouldnt want to be in that cockpit at the moment. Come out with a number 10 tan!

Ozzy

Great work Scratchy!!!

I am working on an MPC Falcon at the moment, and your ideas and methods are awesome Sir!

Great idea Jay, Are you going to put decals over them or paint? Wouldnt want to be in that cockpit at the moment. Come out with a number 10 tan!

Ozzy

Ozzy,

I'll be painting these cast pieces. They'll get a number of coats... Primer, silver, black - just to block out the light. Then I'll hit them with another coat of primer and paint in the details. After the paint has dried, I'll take my pin vise and drill out the instrument lights. The same way I did the Nebulon B.

Thanks for the kind words guys!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back