32" Millenium Falcon V.2

I'm afraid my pictures of the round pits are awful, but here they are.

1365.JPG1366.JPG1367.JPG1368.JPG

Sorry the quality is not very good. They are soft grey shadows when enlarged. Yuck!

Thank you J ! Actually this one is the wrong pit :)
But those are the best shots I have ever seen from this pit ! Thanks a lot !

Thanks for the smaller pits pics too, we still can figure some shape when looking as thumbnails !

Oops! I got turned around. Let me see what I have of the other side....

Here we go....

1369.JPG1370.JPG1371.JPG

These were on the low side of the model, so there wasn't much space for a camera. I hope they help.

Great to see some new progress with the build MT, it really is looking incredible.

Good to also see these new reference photos, thanks for these.

As amazingly concise as ever Julian. Its great to see reference being shared like this to improve the builds accuracy. Its going to be another stunner!

Great pictures - huge thanks!!

Below is my new built, Im not as far as Julien, but the bottom is almost done.
Landing legs, ramp, flood lights is added.
Ive always wanted the Bird in landed mode.

Sorry Julien for highjacking :)

Attachments

• IMG_1209.JPG
    IMG_1209.JPG
    611.1 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_1677.JPG
    IMG_1677.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1678.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 450
  • IMG_4257.JPG
    IMG_4257.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 362
Great pictures - huge thanks!!

Below is my new built, Im not as far as Julien, but the bottom is almost done.
Landing legs, ramp, flood lights is added.
Ive always wanted the Bird in landed mode.

Sorry Julien for highjacking :)

Nice Moe! You should start a new thread on this build, would love to see more!

Wow Julien! Looking lovely with that primer on, once again making me want to cry looking at my growing stash, and still to finish my first OOB kit lol, but thanks for the continued efforts and posting updates, really inspiring!!

Quick question and don't want to hijack this amazing thread, but during your research or maybe the Duncanator's hands on (lucky guy!!), I know the ship was covered in the builder names, but there were also a lot of pencilled panels ,etc on her, but from looking at reference some of these seem scribed. I've adjusted levels, etc on the bottom pic to show what I mean (as some reference photos of these seem to appear to have some depth, just wondered if you knew which if any were scribed or maybe its just the lighting? Really want to put some effort into my Finemolds and Deago.

falcon marks 2.jpg

falcon marks.jpg

I can't speak specifically about the lines in your pictures, but often those little marks are drawn on with a pencil. The major panel lines are cut plates, and sometimes those may get longer score lines added, but mostly the fine details are added in with paint and pencils. It's just quicker and easier to do that in a production setting.
It's amazing how good paint details can make you see detail that's not really there. A bold line with a highlight next to it can read as 3 dimensional.

Thank for the prompt reply John, figured it was just the lighting etc and the skill of the ILM modellers, but better to check before I go scribing away lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back