32" Millenium Falcon V.2

Hey Julien!

Someone mentioned you should have the nude pin-up in the cockpit. I don't know which issue of Playboy she came out of but here she is!
View attachment 549184View attachment 549185View attachment 549188

Maybe someone can identify her.

J, thanks for those pics ! In one of the pics you can see the colored printing dots, so the original was pretty small. They could have used a noseart decal from a bomber kit and just cut it and keep the paper back ?

J, thanks for those pics ! In one of the pics you can see the colored printing dots, so the original was pretty small. They could have used a noseart decal from a bomber kit and just cut it and keep the paper back ?

I was told that the pin-up came from a Playboy magazine. Yes, it is tiny. My guess is it was clipped from an advertisement for past issues that Playboy often has toward the back of the issues. It's funny, but it was not uncommon to find copies of Playboy in the mens bathroom at ILM up into the early 90's when it was finally decided that it wasn't appropriate.

Thank you very much for these pics J, I always feel like a kid opening his Christmas presents when I see one of your posts with those pics showing things we've never seen !

I used that very same method to hold the rear gun of my Lambda Shuttle (which is a mount cover too) however I didnt think about using it for those hatches. :)
Not sure I will able to recreate that. Unfortunatly the escape pod is one of the very few parts that differs from the original -construction wise-. Unlike the vacformed original, mines are rotocast resin which means the wall has probably an uneven thickness. I'll see what I can do :)

Thank you very much for sharing these pics ! If you ever have any other pics of the Falcon you could share that'd be great, like pics of the rear, I can see in your pic that the rear deck is removed... Never seen any pic of that :)

Actually, I do! I was repairing the engine cover because the plastic had gotten brittle and cracked where the screws held it on.
949.JPG948.JPG

The only photos of the inside are a little off angle. I didn't think to shoot one straight into the engine lighting bay. But here's what I've got.
958.JPG959.JPG

The open panel insert had fallen loose too, so I had to re-install that as well. These models were never meant to last 40+ years. They are definitely showing their age!

960.JPG

Merry Christmas!

Nope. These photos are from about 4-5 years ago when various pieces were needing repair before going on tour.

I wish I had been a member here back then because the fans know a lot more about these models than most of the employees do anymore.
Admittedly they were built "a long time ago" and we seldom paid attention to what kit the parts come out of. If it looked cool - it got glued on!
At best, most folks only recall what kits were purchased at the time. But once a kit box was opened, the sprues got mixed in with sprues from other kits in larger boxes.

There were some missing parts on the Falcon that we didn't replace, because we didn't have the time or budget to track them down. If I'd known all of you back then, it would have been easy!

952.JPG

See what I mean?

Re: 32" Millenium Falcon V.2

That will be some interresting detective work,..going through a year or more playboy magazines,...the excitement of finding the right centerfold can only be beaten by finding a grail donor kit part.
I love this hobby:)

Who wants to do that job ? :D

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, but tell her it is strictly for accuracy! Ha ha!

And that would not be lies ! :D

No seriously, it is so tiny I can take your pic, correct it a bit with Photoshop then print it... It would work perfectly !

And we would have ask you to take pics of one of the bottom pit that are not documented at all because of the way the Falcon is displayed (this side is too close to the base) ! :D

Which pit on the bottom were you interested in? I tried to take some of the underside by sliding my iPhone under the model (It was on its display stand). Some are good and some are crap, but I'll post what I have.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back