***2013 SECRET SANTA THREAD*** Sign up now CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last of my raw materials arrived. Now I'm going to craft my little brains out. Seeing how this will be my first attempt, I'll try and document it as best as I can.

Oh, and I found out I bought incompatible ammunition for my glue gun. Should I keep the large sticks and get a large stick gun or keep the small glue gun and get the small sticks?

The last of my raw materials arrived. Now I'm going to craft my little brains out. Seeing how this will be my first attempt, I'll try and document it as best as I can.

Oh, and I found out I bought incompatible ammunition for my glue gun. Should I keep the large sticks and get a large stick gun or keep the small glue gun and get the small sticks?
Both. Get the glue sticks you need right now, and buy the large glue gun when you have a chance.
Looking forward to your build thread - always fun to see first attempts.

The package is away!

As long as he likes it I will with toss up a build thread after he opens it (I know I am building another for myself!).

If he doesn't like it then I have no idea who sent that piece of crap! :lol

My Gift Arrived From my Secret Santa. I all I asked for was my gift to be wrapped. Wow Santa, Amazing Wrapjob. I am going to try and not open it till Christmas Eve at least. If I make it that long. Thank you for saying the gift was enclosed. The Wrapping was just so epic I thought it was a gift all on its own.

Today I came home to an awesome surprise! I had seen Kevin Gossett post a few teasers .... but had no idea what was coming. First off, I was shocked by the surprise and what looked like the biggest grail diary ever! I had to take a picture of just the packaging with my grail diary to show the scale. When I opened it I was very pleased to find two Indy props that I haven't added to my collection yet. Kevin you did an amazing job and I am going to find a good place to display them!:thumbsup
IMG_20131203_205313_010.jpgIMG_20131203_205434_702.jpgIMG_20131203_180332_612.jpg

I was hoping you didn't have those yet! :lol Glad you like them, I had a lot of fun working on them :thumbsup :)

For anyone curious, the grail tablet was CNCed from insulation foam, then sanded and sealed and painted. For the "Leap of Faith" painting, I followed the many previous builds seen here on the RPF. Had all the materials on hand already, so my out-of-pocket on that was $0!

I've got a prezzy!!! Will hold out opening at least until the weekend (after I p/u a tree!)
Have also shipped mine out today!
Merry Christmas, to all the good little boys and girls in Propland!!
Jeff

Didn't participate IN the SS, but did make something for one of you guys. Hope you like it! :D

:):thumbsup

Wow... that's MY kind of wrapping!

No kidding! Love it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't participate IN the SS, but did make something for one of you guys. Hope you like it! :D

Today I came home to an awesome surprise! I had seen Kevin Gossett post a few teasers .... but had no idea what was coming. First off, I was shocked by the surprise and what looked like the biggest grail diary ever! I had to take a picture of just the packaging with my grail diary to show the scale. When I opened it I was very pleased to find two Indy props that I haven't added to my collection yet. Kevin you did an amazing job and I am going to find a good place to display them!:thumbsup
View attachment 261292View attachment 261293View attachment 261294

Brilliant! And the packaging was inspired. :lol:thumbsup

I've updated the list in the first post. If I'm missing anyone let me know!

I started the first mold last night. I need to run out and buy more clay, and probably more mold making material. My starter kit was a little short of clay for the whole project. Though, I've been learning a lot.
Still haven't mastered that whole cutting a straight line thing, though.

photo (5).JPG
Behold! My really ugly mold box.

After an evening of sculpting and smoothing, I will be ready to paint in the morning!

It may also be said, this will be my first RPF build, so I will be excited to post a few build shots after this gift terrorizes its new owner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back