2001 Space Station WIP

J,

Quick question: So when all is said and done and you stand back and admire this piece of insane and gorgeous artwork... what then? ;)

Thanks for the feedback people. Sofa, a few options are available to me when I'll tire of seeing it: 1) Destroy it
2) Give it to a Science/Space Museum (they'll crate it and transport it, not me)
3) Put it in a field...the circle will be complete then;)

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

004.JPG First bridge and tensing cables in place. Sorry for the quality of the pics; had to use the flash (low light)...now on to the next 15:)

Thanks Sourdoh...just noticed something on the last pic: a gap on the wall of the bridge. That's why pics are important to see the errors of your build;)

This model is really a dream realized. The size and detail are truly museum worthy (if you find a worthy enough museum!). It's the de facto stand in for the real thing at this point.
Tell me - when you're done - you're going to spin it and catch it on video, right? Remarkable.

Oh - and thought I'd post this pic of the original (I guess we all know it). Joberg - your version is just so spot on.
Space%20Station%201%202001_zpsvp8cm9cb.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! Just found this thread today. Late to the party as always, but so happy I made it before you finished. When I saw the first page I thought, "No way, he's got to be kidding." But you're really doing it! And it's so epic! And it would take me longer to build a FM Falcon. Unbelievable skills and dedication. You've forced me to recalibrate my Respectometer. Bravo, Joberg, and thanks for the fantastic documentation.

Oh man that's looking awesome! i would almost kill to have the room to build something that big. freaking amazing job! :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back