2-1B Surgical Droid

I wanted a quick and easy solution (Read: One can does the trick) for the paintjob, so I shopped around a bit.
Found "Ford Avalon Grey" at a local car supplies store... looks close enough to me:

http://i.imgur.com/wwJbivu.jpg

Oh that looks spot on Dan. It doesn't by chance list a paint code on the can does it?

ETA: Never-mind, I believe I found the code, UT.

Last edited:
pretty close dan, have you tried misting a little silver (aluminium) over it? i think it would look better.

maybe try a scrap piece somewhere first?

What IS the code... I think it's called something else here in the states...

The Ford Factory Code is UT I believe, but I will let Dan verify. THe color is simply called Avalon by Ford and was used in their 2012-2013 Trucks My Brother in law works at a body shop so I have a request out to him to see if his distributor can get the correct color match here in the states. If he can, I will share the code (if different) here.

If it helps, the place I found the code at listed the Hexidecimal color value as #788a92 to help give you an idea of the hue.

Here is a bit more info:
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?paintx=2012|Ford|Avalon|44892

I will check the can to see if there is anything that can help you guys. In the meantime, here is another pic for you guys, taken inside at rather low light:

87kBZfM.jpg

Ok, the code Ford is using for this colour is 8CKE, with that I'm able to find various repair kits and spray cans from different European brands, but having a hard time finding anything the US. Looks like this won't help you guys across the big pond, but I'm sure you can find something close to it!

did a search, can find ford avalon blue, it looks a bit like a flip paint on pictures of cars

The Ford Factory Code is UT I believe, but I will let Dan verify. THe color is simply called Avalon by Ford and was used in their 2012-2013 Trucks My Brother in law works at a body shop so I have a request out to him to see if his distributor can get the correct color match here in the states. If he can, I will share the code (if different) here.

If it helps, the place I found the code at listed the Hexidecimal color value as #788a92 to help give you an idea of the hue.

Here is a bit more info:
http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?paintx=2012|Ford|Avalon|44892

The winter blue was coming up for what I was searching... on Transit vans, but still hard to find.

I will check the can to see if there is anything that can help you guys. In the meantime, here is another pic for you guys, taken inside at rather low light:

http://i.imgur.com/87kBZfM.jpg

Dude! That looks radical!

The winter blue was coming up for what I was searching... on Transit vans, but still hard to find!

yeah, I just called the Auto Body supply house and they couldn't even get a listing for the 8CKE code, but UT came up correctly as Avalon with the proper years and model. I can get a can from them for $27 out the door. I may give it a shot.

That's what I did anyway...

Here's one thing I've been wondering about. The "spikes" on the side of 2-1Bs head (as seen on the exhibition model), were they actually spikes in the movie?

Looking at this:
luke%2Boriginal%2Bfilmingcrop.jpg

it looks more like Allen screws to me.

In the following screenshot he doesn't appear to have anything there:
swempire_0840.jpg

also note the different hose attachment

Attachments

• luke%u00252Boriginal%u00252Bfilmingcrop.jpg
    luke%u00252Boriginal%u00252Bfilmingcrop.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 116
Yeah seems like Bacta Tank 2-1B doesn't have them... but "Take care Sir" and "replacement hand" versions do...

and the latter two share the same hose setup... and the silver pair of dots stick out on those guys

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.31.21%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.31.25%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.31.28%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.31.38%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.31.41%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.32.01%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202014-08-20%20at%201.33.03%20PM.png

Here's another shot, artificial light, weathering applied to bring out the detail:

http://i.imgur.com/HwaQuz4.jpg

stop showing off dan!

the spikes in the film were not spikes as far as i'm aware, the exhib droids have spikes, i guess they were just dress up parts for the shows.
i have a better pic of the black and white side shot above, i'll post it in a bit. it shows 2 different sizes and they have holes in them, like really pronounced rivets.

-z

ok, here you go.
as you can see they are not true spikes

i was going to try some aluminium tape across the alice band instead of silver paint. you catch ma drift?

the bacta droid head also has 2 metal eye tubes inbetween the 3 leds on each eye. its hard to make out but they are there.

bloody hell.... where did you get that super high res!? Where's the rest of that image huge like that?

- - - Updated - - -

And yes you can see the base of head back rivet/thing too... same I assume...

Aluminum tape would be easier. ^_^

I was going to try 0.3mm aluminium for the middle strip, easy enough to cut and bend to shape.

Do you have any reference shots showing the metal tubes in the eyes? The exhibition droid doesn't seem to have them.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back