2-1B Surgical Droid

Zorg - I'm guessing you noticed the 2-1B inspired droid in The Force Awakens...
GA97_TFA_topps.jpg

His "mouth" is a PC microphone made in China by Transhine
IMG_3603 1.JPG

More pics of the microphone on The Parts of Star Wars Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/PartsofSW/

It looks like there's a bunch of found parts on him, but I haven't identified any more...yet.

Yeah I spotted it but thought it was a shure with the small glimpse I got, maybe they couldn't afford one after paying all those scriptwriters.

Sorry I meant taking the scriptwriters to court

On similar note, I spotted this the other night. It's chromed plastic, i cant find a pic from the front but what I can see the profile looks identical. This company does 3 different types of this 50 so style mic. So be 'shure' to look at the correct one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stagg-SDM...602912?hash=item3ab27c70a0:g:i4gAAOSwuTxWBCed

Who's gonna order one to try? The chrome can be buffed with a scotch pad to dull the chrome effect.

Last edited:
Hey chaps, been assembling some heads and thought i would show the method i use to fix the neck ring to the already fitted and fixed clear piece.

leave at least 24hrs to cure enough. the ones i have fitted are on very securely, they ain't coming off !

hope this is of some help

-z

Nice one scott, i'm just about finished one myself.

Quite a bit of work to do but worth it.

Are there different sizes of PL-259 connector? I got some from eBay, but the section that would go inside the hole in the mic is about 0.5-1mm too wide in diameter to fit...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back