1/350 TOS E is happening.

Are these kits going to be a limited run?

The run that we are signing up for is a limited run, only 1701 units. This kit will have some added extras which to my knowledge will only be available as an update set being sold separate from the normal kit when it comes out a little later (and I figure the box art will be unique as well). Another benefit is these will come direct from round 2 and will be shipped out before the standard kit run ships go to distributors.

I just wish they would post how many have registered, I can imagine 1701 kits would go pretty quickly.
They will never post such things, they could have sold out. Or they could be way below their mark.
It's normal marketing practice to say they still have slots open. In reality we have no way to know how many units will really be offered. Plus you have to consider test shots and sample kits sent out for marketing.

Some companies were notorious for talking about limited runs. They even numbered units for authenticity. For some reason unit numbers were going above the stated unit run.

Or worse, they make another limited run. Which is really quite annoying to collectors. For it diminishes the value of the initial production run.

Considering the cost of the kits I wouldn't expect them to go very quickly. The sci-fi hobby isn't a very big one. I think 1701 units will be very hard to sell quickly, just because people sign up for shirts that doesn't translate to sales. Offer a freebie and people will come out of the wood work. But when it comes down to the sale. That's an entirely different matter.

Add me to the list of blues!
There was a quizzical look as to the strange name. But maybe it's my onscreen ailas?

102.jpg

Still waiting for mine!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back