1/350 TOS E is happening.

I used PayPal for mine, had no problems.

I'll be getting the DX light & PE kit through Cult TV Man once he has them in regular stock.
I just received the Para Grafix (bridge - hanger) PE set from him yesterday.

Something to be aware of, over on HobbyTalk there's a thread about the Round 2 PE arriving folded. Apparently whomever is shipping out these sets to the distributors is using boxes that won't allow the PE to lay flat so they are folding the PE in half to get the sheet in the box.
This has nothing to do with ParaGrafix's supplemental PE though, just the sets from Round 2.

Mine was paid for with a credit card and it worked fine, shipping to me in quick fashion as soon as they processed it. But, I only ordered the Premiere Edition kit and none of the lighting accessories (mainly because I didn't want to risk jacking things up, just in case).

My lighting kit is being purchased from an LHS as soon as it arrives since I wanted to support a local business. It is shipping this week and I should be able to pick it up on Friday.

I went about it the exact same way, only ordered the Premiere kit through Autoworldstore.com and nothing else as I'm waiting on my local hobby shop to get the add-on sets in for sale. Should be soon *fingers crossed*

That's pretty crummy news regarding the PE sets. You'd think someone would be more careful with those. Any word on whether those bends in the sheet made some of the parts unuseable?

I ordered the Deluxe Accessory kit on 11/4 and haven't heard squat since. Still says processing on the autoworld site. I also paid by PayPal and they have already taken the money out of my account. they did that on 11/4 also.

It royally ticks me off that people who ordered recently are getting their lighting kits and such. Autoworld has screwed this thing up from the word go and I'm most likely not ever going to order anything else from them again.

I ordered the Deluxe Accessory kit on 11/4 and haven't heard squat since. Still says processing on the autoworld site. I also paid by PayPal and they have already taken the money out of my account. they did that on 11/4 also.

It royally ticks me off that people who ordered recently are getting their lighting kits and such. Autoworld has screwed this thing up from the word go and I'm most likely not ever going to order anything else from them again.

The processing thing means jack squat. I have both of my premier kits and they still say processing. That said I agree it's frustrating to see others getting their accessories before the folks who ordered way before them.

Doug

I would love to support my LHS if I had such a thing. Hobby Lobby is the closest thing we have here. I thought very seriously about opening one myself. I have the money to open it I think, just don't have enough to support it till it takes off.
There are like 3 RC shops here and they are just barely that!!

Kenny

Last edited:
The only hobby shops you'll find here are massively overpriced chain stores like Modelzone and Hobbycraft. I don't see the point in supporting a shop who'll charge almost double the RRP for a model kit. £55 for the reliant kit? No thanks.

Same here aside from a craft store and a little of everything store with fairly good prices but small selection (it used to be a massive one) the nearest hobby shop is 2 hours round trip. For supplies i have dad grab stuff at walmart now that they have them again. We had 2 locally owned shops that went under as fast as we saw them.

Autoworld just sent me an email saying the shipment is due in next week for the accessories, and they will be shipping as soon as they receive them.

Doug

Autoworlds system is messed up. I ordered the lights and PE when I ordered my Premiere kit and you guys are getting second kits with lights and PE before I get the lights and PE from my initial order.

Plus the autoworld site shows the lights as backordered now.

I'll have to give them a call thursday

Hope you had luck with that.... I preordered two premiere kits, received all of the 1701 club updates, got my shirt etc. Finally received a notice that I had not turned in my order and I had a week to do so... it said log on to the ordering link on the email sent to me previously ... small problem... I never received that email.. emailed them, blogged them on Htalk CALLED them... 3 times, no response. But ... good news... received an email that I was now on the waitlist and the Premeire kits were now available... just log on to the link included in the (second ordering) email... which I also never received. I fiinally gave up. I know in the scheme of things in the 1701 club I was only a Rede Shirt, but WTF?!

they had to set you up a account so you can access the premiere kit ordering, they are still available want me to order you one?

Hope you had luck with that.... I preordered two premiere kits, received all of the 1701 club updates, got my shirt etc. Finally received a notice that I had not turned in my order and I had a week to do so... it said log on to the ordering link on the email sent to me previously ... small problem... I never received that email.. emailed them, blogged them on Htalk CALLED them... 3 times, no response. But ... good news... received an email that I was now on the waitlist and the Premeire kits were now available... just log on to the link included in the (second ordering) email... which I also never received. I fiinally gave up. I know in the scheme of things in the 1701 club I was only a Rede Shirt, but WTF?!

Hey I never got my shirt! Do they still have them?

Doug

anyone get their lights shipped? I've heard nothing

Not a peep -- yet.

On the plus side, waiting is giving me time to gather paints and references, etc. Also I have been building some car models to get my mojo back, good thing too 'cause I have hit a few snags that I had to overcome (been over 20 years since I tackled a kit).

Doug

if you were one of the 1701 and got an account you can add it

I pre-ordered the premiere kit long ago and did get one. But now, I can't even remember how to log in. My email address isn't recognized. What is the link to log in? Maybe I'm trying in the wrong place... :confused

Never mind, I figured it out...

Last edited:
Have had mine for a few weeks. Haven't started it but had to tape it together to see her size. This thing is soild! Nacelle droop will be overcome when assembled with the extra parts in the hull to hold the struts tight. Seriously impressed with this kit. I just have no clue where to put her though!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back