1/350 TOS E is happening.

1701 Club #499

I am another that would have preferred the grid lines not to have been engraved. I saw them as a surface detail, much like the registration markings... not a dimensional detail.

But, having them engraved and considering them as panel lines, I would have liked to have had the other panel lines that you sometimes see represented going around the secondary hull, nacelles and down the neck. I feel that would have balanced it out a bit more to my liking.

Since I do not feel I could cleanly add these other lines, I will be looking to fill the grid as well.

I will be waiting with anticipation to see how the pros accomplish the filling, particularly the lower primary hull.

Last edited:
I admit, I haven't been paying close attention to this. I was on this list, got my notice, bought my kit.

So the Limited to 1701 kits is just the Premiere Edition?

There are other "regular" kits coming? They just don't have the Pilot stuff and whatever other extras?

Oh well, I could have waited. I thought there were only this version being made.

I need to pay more attention.

I admit, I haven't been paying close attention to this. I was on this list, got my notice, bought my kit.

So the Limited to 1701 kits is just the Premiere Edition?

There are other "regular" kits coming? They just don't have the Pilot stuff and whatever other extras?

Oh well, I could have waited. I thought there were only this version being made.

I need to pay more attention.

Yeah, but we get the foil box man! lol

I'll be getting two more (regular issue) kits down the line so no biggie either way.

Doug

Yeah, but we get the foil box man! lol

I'll be getting two more (regular issue) kits down the line so no biggie either way.

Doug

Don't forget the Certificate of Authenticity, and the ability to sell it on Ebay for $1701.00 LMAO

(Not me, I'm building her.)

I also just got my shipping notice, said the shipping order was sent to UPS on the 6th but hasn't arrived at the facility yet.

Can we tack the nacelle caps on with Future, I wonder... Then it'd be easy to get back in.
The clear parts fit pretty snuggly in my test shot, so I don't think there'd be a problem doing that.

One nice thing they did was make the portion forward of (and including) the circular vents a sub-assembly. I figure you can hold it in with a magnet or two so you can remove it to service the motor and lights.

One quick note on the numbers - it's just an order number, not the kit number you'll be receiving. The kit numbers are going out randomly.

The reason the order numbers are so low is that the changes AW had to do to their site to restrict Premiere Edition kits to just 1701 Club members resulted in resetting the order numbers.

Got my "shipping" notice as well. I figure they are packed and ready to go, but the UPS tractor trailer rig hasn't backed up to the warehouse yet (seriously, several hundred boxes weighing about 7.75 lbs each adds up quick). I just hope I don't hear of a UPS truck jack knifing somewhere on its way to my door.

I wont even be able to order mine until next Friday, last day for ordering! Nothing like cutting it close! Maybe I'll get 1701!

I wont even be able to order mine until next Friday, last day for ordering! Nothing like cutting it close! Maybe I'll get 1701!

What do you mean 'Last day of ordering next Friday'? I've already tried to order one, they sent me notification that they have already sold all 1701 premier edition ones. One might become available to me if someone bails on their order, but it was my understanding they were all sold. Is that what the Friday cut off is? For people who made the pre-order list to finalize their purchase?

I was initially bummed out that I didn't make the 'Club' but my excitement has returned and I am looking forward to getting a standard edition kit, this model is a beauty from stem to stern.

...Is that what the Friday cut off is? For people who made the pre-order list to finalize their purchase?...
That's my understanding - the kits ordered by people who don't fulfill their preorders in the alotted time go back into the pool and people on the waiting list are given their chance.

Or perhaps the people who pre-ordered multiples are then given their change to get the second kit. Not quite sure as I didn't pay attention to that part because it didn't apply to me.

Last edited:
and unfortunately for Robiwon, next Friday is Nov 16th and the cut-off date is the 14th. So, take that as you will but I believe he's gonna be two days late for ordering.

Pretty sure the e-mail said you had 14 days from the time you got the email last Friday. That would be next Friday. I'll have to double check the wording. If it is the 14th no big deal, I can still get it.

Yes, all 1701 members are guarunteed one kit, you have two weeks to pay. If someone does not pay, the extras will be offered to those who wanted more than one Premiers kit.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back