1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Almost there... Almost there...

20121129_155753.jpg

Makes you feel like you're there! :) Mostly
20121129_160116.jpg

Hi Gang,

Need everybody to put their thinking caps on and...

What the heck is this thing???? :) Is it raised? Is it just a BIG ol stencil? Is it metal, plastic, wood?

RoundScreen.jpg

swempire_5826.jpg

Last edited:

I just spent the last hour looking at your pics. This is the coolest build I have seen on this site. This is awesome. You are truly a master prop builder. I cant wait to see it finished.

I don't know what it is brother, but its my favorite part of the cockpit. It looks a lot like a piece you see in the Deathstar "Red" control room.

Hi Gang,

Need everybody to put their thinking caps on and...

What the heck is this thing???? :) Is it raised? Is it just a BIG ol stencil? Is it metal, plastic, wood?

RoundScreen.jpg

swempire_5826.jpg

I just spent the last hour looking at your pics. This is the coolest build I have seen on this site. This is awesome. You are truly a master prop builder. I cant wait to see it finished.

Hi Sparky,

Thank you for the very kind words... That really means a lot. :) And we both feel the same - I can't wait to see it finished!

Last edited:

Are the cockpit sidewalls perpendicular to the back wall? For some reason it always looks to me like they are slightly angled outward to allow a little more room in the middle of the cockpit. It's hard to tell from just pictures.

I don't know what the circular nav display is, but it seems like only the lines glow.

swnh_2638.jpg

and of course, it's very different in ESB. I'm just partial to the way it looks in ANH

my guess has always been that it's a hole cut out of the panel with a plastic transparency set into it, with opaque and semi opaque elements, and a light behind it.

my guess has always been that it's a hole cut out of the panel with a plastic transparency set into it, with opaque and semi opaque elements, and a light behind it.

Thats what I thought at first, but didn't they change it in ESB? It appeares to have these single glowing vector based lines - similar to Leia's Boushh helmet.

Make sense?

Also, was the outer ring just a stencil or a raised piece?

Last edited:

Are the cockpit sidewalls perpendicular to the back wall? For some reason it always looks to me like they are slightly angled outward to allow a little more room in the middle of the cockpit. It's hard to tell from just pictures.

Hi D,

I pretty sure the panels are perpendicular. From what I've seen, to include the blueprints, they don't think they fan out. :)

I could be wrong! Starkiller is the resident expert

I'm new to the forum and just found this post. UN-FLIPPING BELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Keep up the good work. I will be watching your progress.

Thats what I thought at first, but didn't the change it in ESB? It appeares to have these single glowing vector based lines - similar to Leia's Boushh helmet.

Make sense?

Also, was the outer ring just a stencil or a raised piece?

I think they just changed whatever the back-lit element was, but I think the rest stayed the same.

the outer rim could be raised (ever so lightly) so that all those ins-and-outs around the circular shape don't need to be cut. I guess I mean, cut a circular hole, put in some kind of back-lightable element, and then overlay a stenciled piece so that it overlaps the circular hole and element... uh, if that makes sense.

the black outlining could be a very slightly raised, and rigid, single piece, so that you can change out the back-lit element if needs be.

I'm not really sure how to approach this panel. The pinstripes and the black outer rim seems easy enough... I dunno... I'll have to approach this part VERY carefully...

AWESOME! And that's absolutely doable... but then I see something like this and I say "HUH... what the..."

swempire_2312.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back