1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Re: 1:1 Millennium Falcon Console Replica

Yeah, not to mention this:

swempire_5662.jpg

are those reflections going back into the circular hole? does it have some kind of double mirror/infinite reflection thing, like the deathstar laser chamber, or what?

I think a solution just occurred to me. Nevermind a backlit element, just put an ipad in there, with an interactive display...

is it also possible that for ESB, they put a bank of red LEDs behind a dark sheet of semi-transparent plastic, and just lit up different arrangements? I haven't seen any two screencaps with the same design displayed...

I want to say its a LCD element?????? Similar to the first generation hand held video games

Didn't the cockpit door have a LCD screen/display? Dead Center. Didn't that display change?

swempire_5613.jpg

I was under the impression for ESB, that red circle was actually a single red LED on a disc spinning really fast.

Hey W,

You might be on to something... I just picked up a few pieces from the home improvement store. I'm going to attempt to create this specific piece...

I was under the impression for ESB, that red circle was actually a single red LED on a disc spinning really fast.

Hi Treadwell,

I'm going to watch the ESB in detail and see what I can come up with. The screen shots are so limited... ugh...

Started the side walls! :)

20121201_145313.jpg

20121201_145228.jpg

Remember - these lower panels are temporary and will replaced with longer ones to reflect the actual height of the cockpit

A few more pics... I made a minor error - nothing that can't be fixed. The two new sides I added need to be two separate pieces. This is an easy fix and I'll make the correction first thing in the morning. :) That will allow me to knock out two more permanent panels.

I gotta say... I have been having SO MUCH FUN on this project! :)

Showing how all the panels fit together
20121201_173927.jpg

You can see in this pic where the frame needs to separate. I completely forgot I had already cut and painted these panels.
20121201_173825.jpg

20121201_173947.jpg

MAN! This sucker is getting big!
20121201_173847.jpg

OK... I'll pinstripe for a while and then call it a night.

guessing the doorway is 6' ? If so you gonna start storing the piece in your garage? Not sure it's going to be tall enough in your house to fit the panels without scrapping your ceiling? LOOKING AMAZING AS HELL btw....

guessing the doorway is 6' ? If so you gonna start storing the piece in your garage? Not sure it's going to be tall enough in your house to fit the panels without scrapping your ceiling? LOOKING AMAZING AS HELL btw....

Hi K,

Thank you for the compliments! I've cut down the very bottom panel for that exact reason - it's just too tall store in the house. And keeping it in the garage while working at the same time isn't the best idea - its bound to get beat up and dirty. So, those bottom panels are only a temp solution before they head to the build site!

this thread continues to amaze and inspire, i cant imagine building a life sized console

Hi P,

Thank you! It is pretty overwhelming at times. I stand back and look and say "holy cow... there's a cockpit in my house!" :) Its been a lot of fun so far! I just wish I had more time to buid!

Stay Tuned For More!

Went to the local pawn shop and picked up this tabel saw and braid gun! What a time saver!
20121202_102439.jpg

Nailed this panel out this morning! 3 more to go (out of the two side I created yesterday)
20121202_130837.jpg

More panels waiting to be striped! And a furry tail...
20121202_130844.jpg

Another panel and another project I'm working on... whew...
20121202_130925.jpg

More To Come!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back