Tron Legacy RINZLER helmet!!!

I can not tell the weight, now it is not very heavy, but it does not matter because this is the master, so its weight has no value, I'm using sandpaper to 80-120-150 depending on how I have to work the grout.
For the lights still do not hopensato nothing.

I know it doesn't matter, lol, Just wondering! XP And thanks for the info, Im sure I have some of that laying around here somewhere...oh the many projects I start. And for my helmet, The lights I was thinking about getting a translucent orange plastic of sorts, and cutting it into the patterns of the lights on his helmet and them running LED lights underneath them so that they would glow, then surrounding them with some sort of black out feature so that they wouldn't show through the black part of the helmet. Something like that.

The lights I was thinking about getting a translucent orange plastic of sorts, and cutting it into the patterns of the lights on his helmet and them running LED lights underneath them so that they would glow, then surrounding them with some sort of black out feature so that they wouldn't show through the black part of the helmet.

For Rinzler's helmet, there's not a lot of complexity to the lights, so it seems like you could do it fairly straightforward with either EL Wire, or EL Tape (the first if you don't need much, the second if you want it wider). Unless I'm missing something, and there's some crazy designs on the back, of course.

Not that your way wouldn't work, it just seems like a lot extra... labor, to get to the same effect (though probably less actual cash).

Here I am with updates!
Initially seeing the photos of the helmet in the show, with all the reflections, it seemed to me that the part highlighted in red, was concave, then seeing the film I realized that it was just a reflex effect, so I'm correcting this error.
As you seek help for the back, which I found no satisfactory image, and I can not understand how they should be divided the parties coming back to the helmet, I feel different from how I draw on my own.
What do you think?

Could this be so?
hmm. im not sure right now the way they come up to the back but i do know that i could tell you later once i get to an area where my figure is (i dont carry it around with me lol). anyway, looks great so far! im gonna see how yours turns out then say what way i need to do mine because i am also working on a rinzler suit :)

Yes actually, About there, Its just a little slender and a longer.
Like this!
Sorry for the blurred pic, my iphone doesnt like close pics. :lol

rinzleract.jpg

I'm trying to accentuate the edges of the helmet, but the grout is hard enough, I think we will use it again to APOXIE SCULTP.
However, it seems to me that the line there, and I think I also figured out how is the back

Maybe I can finish it using only the putty
Sorry for the poor quality of the images, I forgot the camera, and I used the cell

This looks really good so far!

Are you planning on making any of the seams? And are you going to make the little divits in the back of the helmet?

This looks really good so far!

Are you planning on making any of the seams? And are you going to make the little divits in the back of the helmet?

It will certainly seams, which then will use for the visor, will be the fulcrum of the visor.

Non è argilla è stucco, ( bondo ), e non uso strumenti per intaglio, cerco di dare bene lo stucco con la spatola e poi è tutto lavoro di carta vetrata, a mano

So, I have a quick unrelated question.
How did you get all of your photos to show up as a popup viewer? Is that through flicker or some other site?

i have something that is a little more on topic. im doing the same thing. my helmet is nearing the stage where is ready to be the plug. still deciding whether i wanna just vaccuum form the mold i have as it is. or do a negative of it and try to vaccum form that? i can only do what is most practical for the basic hobbiest as most of the tools i will have to make my self. and it seems that there is a seam( no pun intended) on the helmet. going from the top back half of the helmet to the bottm front half. had any thoughts of making the back halh out of fiber glass and making the from half out or transparent plexi? then making some sort of hinge device? how do you plan on finishing off your helmet?

i have something that is a little more on topic. im doing the same thing. my helmet is nearing the stage where is ready to be the plug. still deciding whether i wanna just vaccuum form the mold i have as it is. or do a negative of it and try to vaccum form that? i can only do what is most practical for the basic hobbiest as most of the tools i will have to make my self. and it seems that there is a seam( no pun intended) on the helmet. going from the top back half of the helmet to the bottm front half. had any thoughts of making the back halh out of fiber glass and making the from half out or transparent plexi? then making some sort of hinge device? how do you plan on finishing off your helmet?
I think I will hand over all the channels that you see on the helmet, the PETG thermoforming, so as to derive a visor, which will be based on resin base

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back