Lighted droid caller, from a real Kobold flashgun (with vid on page 2)

Lichtbringer

Master Member
Is there a idea out there for how much credits these droidcallers were sold these days on Coruscant or the outer rim?

A estimated ballpark, from xx to YYY?

Last edited:
Re: Real Kobold flashgun

They are worth a few Schrutebucks and some Stanley Nickels.

lol, awesome.
One-Schrute-Buck.jpg

What´s that in republic credits?

I think i had some luck this afternoon, these rodian trader asked for a really small amount.

Bz565WkKGrHqJiYEw5C17YTWBMYBbe8ldw_12.jpg

It should be here in 1-2 days. :)

Last edited:

id never trust a rodian. not even those aqualish.

He is only 80 Km from here, i could have picked it up but was to lazy, so i choosed to have it shipped.

And of course i fixed my DL-44 first (these rodians smell and taste like chicken when roasted). :cool

It´s a shop with old photo-equipment - i thought it might be worth taken the risk for 17,50 € and 5,00€ shipping. :)

"You don't need that Kobold, thus give it to me! Move along now ... move along!"

That's a real steal! Could you PM me their website. Still looking for some parts for my Speed Graphic Camera.

Thanks,

-Chaim

It arrived today. :)

Bastelei014.jpg

And it´s bigger than expected.

Bastelei035.jpg

A lot of space in it

Bastelei025.jpg

Build a buzzer in? Or better a pocket-flashlight? :confused

Whatever, i think i can call it a catch. :cool

Chaim, did you have some luck at the shop?

Re: Droid caller from a real Kobold flashgun

Now if we could only figure out once-and-for-all what they used for the dome on top. :wacko

attachment.php

Attachments

• dcd2.jpg
    dcd2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,921

Hi Michael,

No there was nothing there for me. However looking at your picture you are in more luck then you can possibly imagine. If I'm not mistaken you also got the correct screw that came with that Kobold Flash to make it into Han's ANH Droidcaller!!!

KoboldScrew.jpg

Check with the Han ANH Droidcaller on Parts of Star Wars to see if it is indeed the correct screw will you?

And yes I too was impressed by the size of my vintage Kobold Flashguns!

-Chaim

Last edited:

Dude, awesome acquisition! I think a mini-flashlight would be a great idea.

Where did you get those DL-44 plans you used as a back drop for your "toys"? I'd love to get me a copy of that!

If anyone has a real kobold flash shoe (the part that is used on the Luke ESB saber) and wants to sell it. Please let me know. That's the last part I need for my Luke ESB saber.

Dan

Hi Michael,

No there was nothing there for me.

Hi Chaim,

sorry to hear that. Maybe they will have a look for your needed parts if you ask them for a direct search?

However looking at your picture you are in more luck then you can possibly imagine. If I'm not mistaken you also got the correct screw that came with that Kobold Flash to make it into Han's ANH Droidcaller!!!

Check with the Han ANH Droidcaller on Parts of Star Wars to see if it is indeed the correct screw will you?

Well, it´s not exactly the Han ANH Version, as mine has the stepped transition on the top part - but for me it´s close enough.

The screw seems to be the correct one:

screwcap.jpg

Bastelei040.jpg

Bastelei038.jpg

But is has not the right thread for the bottom plate, and it goes not deep enough in - cause there is some isolation material, sort of rubber or so.

Bastelei039.jpg

Bastelei041.jpg

Bastelei042.jpg

Maybe they just drilled a hole in that material, and screwed it in the soft material?

Dude, awesome acquisition! I think a mini-flashlight would be a great idea.

Thanks. :)

I always botherd with the idea of "Han has a droid caller" - as far as i know he never owned a droid. I know these things were used in the movie as a droid caller, too - but we all know it is probably only used as a "cool part on the belt", from stuff they had.

But a flashlight - now, that´s something a smuggler would have a good use for, hanging around in shady places (and even when repairing his ship). :angel

For me i like the idea to have a led-flashlight in the front, activated with the sliding switch of the Kobold, and a buzzer at the bottom (without the bottom screw it´s hole could be used for the sound), activated with the press and release button next to it.
No idea if that is doable, i will need to have a closer look someday. :cool

Where did you get those DL-44 plans you used as a back drop for your "toys"? I'd love to get me a copy of that!

I found them with google, while doing a pic-search for "DL-44", or "Han Blaster", something that way. They are high res, a black lines on white pdf-version and a white lines on blue one as 5100x3000 jpeg. I saved all 4 (only ANH-Hero and ESB version, unfortunatly no ROTJ version found) - they all were originaly drawn by Eric Martens, for paperrobots1999.com.

Here: Paper Robot´s Paper Robots!

If you unscrew the small side screw near the top you are able to pull that extra inner piece out . . . and voilà you have the ANH Droidcaller.

KoboldScrew02.jpg

-Chaim

Last edited:

I know (i disassemblied it already nearly complete to check the possibilities for light and buzzer). :)

That screw was probably like you said drilled in there and glued into that soft part. Unless they used another threaded hollow screw that can go inside your Kobold and then you can screw this one in there. Do you copy? I'm a photographer and have such a screw on my tripod.

BTW if you rather go for an ESB droidcaller version I'm very much interested in that Kobold Screw :love

-Chaim

Last edited:

If anyone has a real kobold flash shoe (the part that is used on the Luke ESB saber) and wants to sell it. Please let me know. That's the last part I need for my Luke ESB saber.

Dan

Hi Dan,

May I ask where you got hold of the Computer Card Edge Connector that slides into the clamp? That's the only part I still need for my Luke ESB lightsaber. And sorry Dan but I have only one shoe which is reserved for the ESB lightsaber alas the other remains on the droidcaller. If I spot another Kobold/Linhof I'll let you know, okay!

-Chaim

That screw was probably like you said drilled in there and glued into that soft part. Unless they used another threaded hollow screw that can go inside your Kobold and then you can screw this one in there. Do you copy? I'm a photographer and have such a screw on my tripod.

Maybe they used a adapter, or a matching nut on the inside, but .....

Knowing the way they did many things in a not permanent solid way (i´m sure they never expected us having hi-res DVD/Bluray for screenshots to examine their work :lol), i wouldn´t wonder to learn they just cut the threaded part and glued it on.

BTW if you rather go for an ESB droidcaller version I'm very much interested in that Kobold Screw :love

Nice try. :D

I´m afraid i have to refrain - i will keep the whole set as complete and unmodified as possible. Yeah, i know it will make my attempt to light/buzz it alot harder. :wacko

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back