My Star Lord Outfit Build

It was pretty easy to set up, they have great instructions, videos to help assemble it. So far I printed the major printer parts in abs and couple odds and ends like a filament filter

Was it pretty easy to set up? Have you tried printing anything yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great :) this weekend I'll have to take some pictures on my printed parts

What shirt did you get?
@Archer21, i got the Hanes Men's Tagless® Long Sleeve T-Shirt, Denim Blue from Amazon

Haven't posted anything on my thread for couple weeks. Be busy working on my car and other home related things over my 2 week holiday vacation.
Update to my build is slow. I have the fabric for the bag and in the picture below i will be leaning toward the darker leather. i have a maroon lining.
20150109_114229.jpg
On my boots for the last couple weeks i been thinking about using my maroon color leather shown in the photo below. I know its a darker brown used in the movie, but i have a lot of this leather. I may go to the leather shop next week to see if they have anything else i could use.
20150109_114625.jpg
I also got "The Art Of Marvel Guardians of The Galaxy" its a nice hardbound book that has a lot of concept art and final art work to the movie. I took notice of the Concept Blaster Holster, (not used in the movie) but i may create mine like this for my blaster, havent gotten to that point yet. In my early post here i had gotten the Nerf blaster but i have a 3D model i will 3D Print instead as i can tweek it if i need.
20150109_112518.jpg20150109_112534.jpg20150109_112614.jpg
For Christmas i got the Disney Infinity 2.0 game with the Star Lord Figures.
20150109_112815.jpg

Last edited:
The stain for the bag is chocolate brown.........if that helps any. Found out with my build.............didn't realize it was the same as my couch until it was too late.......da-oh!!!!!!

montified88, Thanks for the info. Yeah im going to go with the dark leather. The Maroon color in the photos looks more red, i think its the lighting or the phone camera but its much darker then that. I do have dark brown leather dye that i will use on the bag straps that i will make.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I found out the dye for the strap........its burgandy. They oviously weathered it. You can tell if you have the blue ray.

That concept holdster should have been in the movie........looks more like a cowboy n injun outlaw kind of thing.......but hey.....that's my opinion.......

Ok so i went to the Leather shop today to get more black leather for my Boots as i want to laminate it to make it thicker as the leather i got was 3oz. When i laminate the upper part it will be more durable yet flexable when moving. Im still un-desided on the front boot spat of using my dark maroon or i got medium-dark brown (The medium brown is also for my Bag). Im kind of leaning toward the dark maroon. But thought id get some input from others before i start which will be this coming weekend. I should hopefully be able to mount the leather to the base shoe.
20150112_193912.jpg20150112_194031.jpg

Here is a Loose fit over my base shoe. I will be stretching the leather to make the front more rounded. The uppers wont be that stiff looking ether.

20150111_183421.jpg

Ok i did a little work this weekend on my boots. I added the lassing up the front on the black back part and added the hole and backing on the nose of the boot. Next week i mount to my base shoe which i will be strecking the leather and forming it to wrap around. Which is going to be a challeng for me as this is my first time making shoes/boots.20150125_154142.jpg

Ok i made some progress on my boot, i now finally got the black leather mounted to the donor base shoe and the sole re-mounted. I still have to do up the front spat and studs on the back with taps.
20150202_193104.jpg20150202_193126.jpg

Thanks guys :)

This is my first time making a Costume for Cosplay.

I had some more time this week, and got more done on the one boot. I have the front spat made and waiting for the glue to dry at the thread points. All i have to do is, Stitch the front and back of the sole to the shoe, mount the studs on the back and then attach the front spat, and then the one boot is done :) Minus the rockets ;) Ill add those later once i get them printed out.

20150216_152512.jpg20150216_152532.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back