My Star Lord Outfit Build

Great details on that belt. Very interested to see your future progress.

Really shows how committed Marvel is to the details, you BARELY see the belt for most of the film, but it's clearly a very intricate design.

This, as well as the custom belt are things I've not crossed the bridge on for my build of the same outfit, so I'm intrigued as to how you're going about doing this part. By the way, you mentioned Tandy Leather - check your in box :p

On the third picture, I'm looking at how they put the texture on the jacket....is that silk screened, do you think? Also, for those of us who get the jacket, it looks like we get to cut it off at the waist and add a few diagonal lines...to say nothing of a brass toothed dry suit zipper....

...and the studs for the back of the boot plus the rivits and rectangle rings....I also had my nerf blaster bing shipped and will get them next week
View attachment 360603View attachment 360604

Tell me you picked up two blasters, heh! Do you plan to mod them to make them more screen accurate? You'll notice that the top/bottom rail covers are split to accommodate the cocking mechanism. Here, check this image I took while taking mine apart...

2 After.JPG <---everything you need removed is to the left of the major components, btw...

I'm still looking for a way, (other than Fiberglas), to fill that gap for the top rail cover and also to join the two pieces of the bottom one. For reference, I did a little math and came up with this;

Spec on Blaster size.jpg <---note that there is no gap on the rail covers :)

So far as the studs for the back of the boot & the rivets, can you please tell me what the stock numbers are on all this stuff? Tandy it a little far for a casual drive to pick it up and I may wind up ordering it, (and more leather; see image below), instead...
Star Lord's Trench Coat.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks everyone I will be keeping an up to date progress as I go. Staar Lord Maan I will get you the part numbers and number for the tools later tonight. Around 9 pm PST or so. I will be modifying my blasters and slimming them up and adding the nose peace and filling in that gap. As the nerf gun version its fatter then the movie prop. I already gutted the insides as there is no second trigger. My tandy is 15 min from were I work and can visit during my lunch break ;) well I get a 4 day weekend so hopefully I can get a lot done by then end

Staar Lord Maan, The model Tandy Leather number the studs on the back of the boot that i got is 1309-02, you will also need the stud anvil 8112-00, buttonhole punch 3779-05 and hole punch 3777-02. Note that the studs are not cheap, and you will need alot of them i think 28
So far as the studs for the back of the boot & the rivets, can you please tell me what the stock numbers are on all this stuff? Tandy it a little far for a casual drive to pick it up and I may wind up ordering it, (and more leather; see image below), instead...

Staar Lord Maan, The model Tandy Leather number the studs on the back of the boot that i got is 1309-02, you will also need the stud anvil 8112-00, buttonhole punch 3779-05 and hole punch 3777-02. Note that the studs are not cheap, and you will need alot of them i think 28
It's all good, I'm selling my guitar and amps...microphones, cables, etc to help fund this. And THANK you for this!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone I will be keeping an up to date progress as I go. Staar Lord Maan I will get you the part numbers and number for the tools later tonight. Around 9 pm PST or so. I will be modifying my blasters and slimming them up and adding the nose peace and filling in that gap. As the nerf gun version its fatter then the movie prop. I already gutted the insides as there is no second trigger. My tandy is 15 min from were I work and can visit during my lunch break ;) well I get a 4 day weekend so hopefully I can get a lot done by then end

I look forward to a play by play on your blasters. I'm considering having them 3D printed through a site I found called 3D HUB. Here is that link if you're interested in getting the holster clips done that way.

Hi everyone,
Here is an image of my Cad line work from my hand sketch. The right side of the buckle is mirror image but the wing tab is mounted underneth another peace that goes back behind the buckelStarlord Belt-1.jpg

Once i get it all dailed in i will release a PDF and CAD file, i made this as a 38in tight fit with 4 hole 1inch apart to 42in
Are you going to release this as a printable version?
Im going to start the buckle tomorrow, i will create a clay model then bake it, then i will make a negative silicone mold then cast it in resin. The above blank buckle i will not use, i will weld some metal together to make the loops on the back side.

Oh and when i was at the leather shop friday, i was talking to old guy there, nice guy, back in the day he was good friends with the man that made the casted mold of all the guns in the original star wars movies. That was a treat to talk with him :)

Ok here is a picture of me in the templete i printed this morning. I took front, side and back picture. Im pretty pleased how it came out. As you can see in the reference photo, there is a slight arch on the top of the belt, and the other 2 arrows point is the back point that sits behind the blaster holster. The rings line up to the middle of the front pockets.
Belt-Pattern-4.jpgBelt-Pattern-3.jpgBelt-Pattern-2.jpgBelt-Refphoto-1.jpg

Ok now i have my pattern i like its off to the garage to make the rings, and mounting ring for the front buckel. As soon as i found how i can upload the PDF files of this i will post it. I made the PDFs so that anyone can print it from an 8.5x11 printer.

P.S. i still have 10 more lbs to lose LOL i have been working out for the last 3 weeks and lost 10lb, so just 10 more to go

Ok so i worked on my D-rings this mid morning and afternoon. I made them out of steel as thats all i had. I painted them a flat black then sanded them down to give a worn look. I had to give them a clear coat to protect the steel from rust.

Rings-1.jpg

Well i made my legs so i had a more solid surface to make my patterns with. I also tested my leather and contact cement and edge dye. All is a go. I may want to thicken my legs a bit to accommidate the pants, i did model them with opening of my cowboy boots i hav
eShoe-6.jpg

Nope, im leaving the stetched leather on, i will skin new leather over the shoes. I do have to remove anything that would show through the new skin AKA the piping down the front. And any areas that have a dip i will contact cement filler leather.

For my d-rings i used some scrap steel i had around the house, i made each in 2 parts for ease of cutting the shape, then i jointed the 2 half's and welded them, grid them down smooth then sprayed them flat black. After they dried i sanded the black down so to leave a little bit left for the worn look.

Decided to use the stock shoes midway? Lol

And how did you make the diamond shaped d-rings for the belt?

Ok progress update. I worked on my buckle this weekend. I also made the form sides for the silicone rubber, so i can make a cast. This is my first time sculpting in clay. My first attempt i was not happy with so i created a new one. I also made couple slight adjustments to the belt and hopefully i can start cutting the leather next weekend.

The top one is my first one, bottom is my final clay.
Buckle-1.jpg

Ok so i worked on my D-rings this mid morning and afternoon. I made them out of steel as thats all i had. I painted them a flat black then sanded them down to give a worn look. I had to give them a clear coat to protect the steel from rust.

View attachment 370739

Nice, I've been looking to make some of those triangle rings for my belt. They look awesome! What thickness steel did you use for it?

Ok progress update. I worked on my buckle this weekend. I also made the form sides for the silicone rubber, so i can make a cast. This is my first time sculpting in clay. My first attempt i was not happy with so i created a new one. I also made couple slight adjustments to the belt and hopefully i can start cutting the leather next weekend.

The top one is my first one, bottom is my final clay.
View attachment 373928

First time sculpting clay?? C'mon...stop lying! :p Looking good! Can't wait to see what your cast looks like. I tried working with clay as well. Mine didn't come out nearly as good as yours...so I am ending up buying one from one of the runs on this site.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back