My Star Lord Outfit Build

StarLordGoG

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi to everyone, first this is my first time on this forum and i have found a lot of use full information on here.
My only outfit i have is the Indian Jones outfit, (with authentic fedora hat, wool pants, leather jacket, gun holster, belts, whip and bag)

Ok so i saw the previews to the movie months ago, and new right away i was going to love this movie. I saw it last friday morning first early showing and just LOVED it.
anyways i desided i want to create my own Star Lord Outfit. Now i am only looking for the when he is normally with out the mask on. One reason is because i wear glasses, second id like to wear it on normal days to work LOL our casual work day.

I already ordered a pair of pants, that i see is closely matchs the movie, but will need so modifications. The back with the curves in the pants, and the knee in back. I would need to add the zipper and grey pull tabs. The sides will need the boot thruster activator and gun holster. And modify the front pocket openings.
Pants1.jpgPants2.jpg

And i also ordered this shirt on amazon
Shirt.jpg

For the Jacket i may order it from Fjacket im not sure as to which size to get, my chest is 41" my shoulder width is 19" Sleeve length is 25", i am 5'10" 194 and i just started to work out, so im not sure if my chest will get any bigger. I did notice on the jacket that i would have to modify it as the buckle and strap on the arm is not right per the photos i have seen of the movie jacket.

Now for the boots, i will go with the Sketcher shoe and will get some leather and build it from scratch. I found a leather supply store not to far from were i work. Plus im some what good as sewing.

The belt, i was thinking about building it out of steel, but may do it like another user did.

Anyways this is were im at, and look forward to doing more. Any feed back is welcome.

Thanks,
starlordgog

I was looking at those same pants for the longest time but decided against them because all that white piping and on the legs are reflective. They are very close though.

Capn_jake_savvy I was looking at that too but can easily correct that. I will remove the reflectors on the pant leg ;) like I said early post there is some modifications I will have to do to the pants but I'm sure I'll get it :)

True DAT!! Just be careful removing the piping! Having done that on other costumes in the past the piping is usually along major stitched seams....

Thanks for the heads up ;)
They are out for delivery :) yeah
I think I will be ordering my jacket ether Friday or monday. I want to measure my other leather jackets and have another person measure my size

Ok i got home little while ago, and i recieved my pants and shirt. Here are some pictures of both.
the shirt will need the 2 patchs on the front of the shirt, and i saw in another movie photo that there is patchs on the elbows. I will stop by local fabric shop tomorrow.
The pants, that is a reflected fabric, which looks easy to remove, there is a zipper behind that that goes all the way up the pants to just below the hip. I may just remove that and hem it up. that Piping you were talking about, its more of a dark grey and not plasic, but a fabric of some kind. which i will try to use some fabric dye. The stiching is dark grey, but can be dyed aswell. There are pads inside the knees back and hip area as they are biker pants, but easy removeable from the inside. The fit is good, the legs may need to be slimmed down, but i will do that when i remove the side zippers. Today i ordered my blasters from amazon,
20140807_190636.jpgPants-1.jpgPants-2.jpgPants-3.jpgPants-4.jpgPants-5.jpg

OK, so yesterday i went shopping and got some supplies. i was able to find the leather that closely matches the photo of the boots, but with out costing alot. I found that there was a Tandy leather supply shop only about 16miles from were i live, and the Sketchers Super mega warehouse that had a Factory Outlet store attached. I also went to couple local fabric and craft stores near by.

First, i found the color fabric blue grey for the patchs on the shirt. Note the picture with it and the shirt doesnt do it justice, as the lighting in my room is off. But it is in deed a blue grey vinyl material. I did get a picture of it while in the store.
Shirt Patch-1.jpgShirt Patch-2.jpg

Here is some photos of the leathers i got, like i said for the shirt the lighting is not doing it justic. but it closely matchs the photos i found here of the boots.
The light brown leather will be used for the front part of the boot. The Darker brown will be used for the knee gaurd. The cream color small peace is a thicker leather hid i will use as a back peace for the knee guard and will be dyed and the thin dark brown will be glue to it. The other bigger leather that is a Maroon color leather that closely matching the color of the belt.
Leather-1.jpgLeather-2.jpgLeather-3.jpg
This one is Maroon Color and nice looking color.Leather-4.jpgI may see if i have enough of it that i could have a jacket made from it.

I also picked up materials to do the belt buckle and pants. I got silver molding clay and silver rub n buff plus an extruder to make the rods. Also picked up from the leather store the buckle backing and the studs for the back of the boot plus the rivits and rectangle rings. I picked up a zipper, and will use that, tell i get they other zipper that another forum member found as he was tring to get some in bulk. i will stetch this one in temporarely. I also had my nerf blaster bing shipped and will get them next week
41Tjl7BoPVL._SY400_.jpgPart-1.jpgPart-2.jpg

I have a pair of the sketcher shoes, these are the closes i could find in the sketcher brand and i saw every style they had, as i visited there factory outlet store with there MEGA size warehouse attached.
shoes-1.jpgshoes-2.jpg
My plan will to have black leather stitched and glued to the back of the shoe that will run up to the height. Then will attached the brown front part to the top of the shoe. I will be able to undo the front from the back and slide my shoe on and off.

I wont be able to start my projected tell next weekend as i work (4) 10hour day, and then have 3days off. Plus im doing my 2hour workout in the evening before bed.
I should be getting my Blasters this week and may start work on those and the belt buckle and belt.

Took a closer look at the pants tonight. I'll be removing the Grey fabric line. And will leave the dark Grey stitching as it's not to bad. The side zipper and reflector & flap will be removed and the sides stitch back up that should get rid of any play in the leg area as they were designed to go over motorcycle boots. There is a black liner on the inside that I will remove that will give more of a pant feel then something that fits over other clothes.

Just got home from watch the movie again. And I found a spot were you see part of the back of the belt. It was when star lord was going up the ship ladder after gamora. His jacket lifted up for a second. With the photos of the front and part sides and now the back. The front buckle is a fixed to the belt as its fasten in the back with a second regular buckle I saw.

Thanks for the heads up on the back view. I'm going to see the movie tomorrow, I'll keep an eye out. Looking forward to seeing how your boots turn out.

Ok so i had some time this weekend to work on my projects. Last weekend i was working on my scuba Open Water Cert. I got the sole of the shoe off, while trying to not damage the upper shoe, the first one has a little damage on the bottom but can be fixed. The second shoe the sole came off nicely. Here are some progress photos.
Shoes-5.jpgShoes-4.jpgShoes-3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This picture is of my sample leather test run through the my 42year old metal kenmore sewing machine. And right now i'm in the process of sketching out the pattern for the belt.Leather-5.jpg

I got a prelim sketch of half the belt as how i think it is, from the pictures i have found of the belt. I will take it to work and scan it on our big scanner/plotter and refine it then will plot the pattern out for leather cutting.
My SketchBelt-Pattern-1.jpg

Now note that i made the front buckle fixed as if you look at the reference pictures, on both side of the buckle the leather is stetched to the belt around the loops on the back of the buckle, which would mean that there is a secondary buckle in the back which is due able and adjustable. But im NOT 100% sure tho. Also if you look at picture 3 the enlarged there is also a extra decrative leather peace.
Belt-Refphoto-1.jpgBelt-Refphoto-2.jpgBelt-Refphoto-3.jpgBelt-Refphoto-4.jpg

Nice job! I'm currently trying to figure out how to make the belt as well. I think you're definitely on the right track with what it should look like. Can't wait to see what you end up with in actual leather.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back