Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Geez… I and some members did had a nice discussion on the chat - if DC really wants to screw us soo hard - I would be totally done - not only that they want to shove New 52 down our throat (and deal with it attitude) if that's true about Wonder Woman… arrgh!! I don't want to imagine this…
I don't think anyone expected the classic shorts/corset look. You may have "called it," but it was already pretty apparent.

Snyder's already proved he cares little about the characters or their classic looks or established imagery. I hope she at least is still recognizable as Wonder Woman - and not some bastardization of an excuse for a costume like Superman's in Man of Steel.

- - - Updated - - -

There's been some debunking on WW's Kryptonian roots...

From the Batman On Film Facebook page:
I speculated on how Goyer/Snyder *might* account for the origins of the Amazons: Decedents of ancient Kryptonian astronauts who were able to create an all-female race due to Kryptonians artificially creating their offspring. It was nothing but a guess -- pure speculation and my opinion -- and nothing more. Now, many outlets have picked up the "story" and have run it as either me claiming it to be fact or me claiming it's "inside info/rumor."

image.jpg
This some fan art for WW that I found, and I personally think that this is what her costume should look like. But it's just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
Some more WW fan art.

I'll say this until the day the movie comes out...

Regime Wonder Woman from Injustice: Gods Among Us would be the best costume.

Ww-reg.jpg

This movie is going to be a blockbuster smash hit I think we all know that. The mere idea of Batman/Superman in the same movie has us frothing at the mouth. Unfortunately after a re-watch of MOS this past weekend (my wife hadn't seen it yet) I don't see how this is going to be good. Especially if we see just how many costumes we can get in one movie to rush to a Justice League movie.

I'll say this until the day the movie comes out...

Regime Wonder Woman from Injustice: Gods Among Us would be the best costume.

View attachment 271832
I disagree. Respectfully, that costume just looks terrible to me - too busy, too Xena-ish... just hurts my eyes. I hope they can find a happy medium between the WW costume we all know without it becoming too much Xena and not a parody.

I agree with you JD, I want her to look like a Amazonian warrior but I still want her to be easily recognizable as Wonder Woman.

If Elmayimbe got this right, I called it.
Gal Gadot's WONDER WOMAN Suit Will Stray From Classic Design

From 4 weeks ago soon after Gadot was cast:

Expect a lot of dark, desaturated colours ...

There is a theory going round that DC is reinventing the characters because the rights to Superman, WW and Batman are all going to revert to the original owners' descendants and DC wants "all new" versions they can fully trademark and keep in their portfolio forever and not have to pay a fraction of a hint of a dime to the heirs of the creators, so the films are just a legal hammer to get their way.

In Supes case, the right are not returned to the heirs and recently won the case by DC. The greedy laywer Toberoff wanted to start a own Supes pics and deliberately misled the heirs. I choose the lesser of both evils…

There's no official statement saying exactly what it will look like, but one the producers said that the costume is based off of the Comic Book batman Noel.

Gal is JUST NOW training to get 'bulked up' and there's like a month left until shooting starts.......Wonder Woman has ****, ass, and a nice face, Gal is NEITHER...WHY.......................

Reading this article : Wonder Woman As A Kryptonian - Would It Be So Bad?
I kinda like the theory that those greek gods would in fact be aliens worshiped by the greeks, just don't make them kryptonian. If Kryptonians were able to space travel, I don't see why other aliens couldn't ! Then you can keep the whole mythology intact, except that what humans believed were gods and demi gods fighting monsters were actually aliens fighting aliens. You can even say that with time, those aliens started to beleive that they were greek gods, so Diana would have no idea she's an alien, she'd believe she is a real Amazonian or demi-goddess

Reading this article : Wonder Woman As A Kryptonian - Would It Be So Bad?
I kinda like the theory that those greek gods would in fact be aliens worshiped by the greeks, just don't make them kryptonian. If Kryptonians were able to space travel, I don't see why other aliens couldn't ! Then you can keep the whole mythology intact, except that what humans believed were gods and demi gods fighting monsters were actually aliens fighting aliens. You can even say that with time, those aliens started to beleive that they were greek gods, so Diana would have no idea she's an alien, she'd believe she is a real Amazonian or demi-goddess

It's a little off topic, but if you like that idea you should watch ancient aliens on the history channel. Sorry, back to topic.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

...as long as they don't make too big of a deal about it, I'm not too adverse giving the Amazon's some Kryptonian genetics background. Kinda reminds me of how Marvel made Asgard a little more "real world." However, dwell on it too much or make too big an issue out of it - then it becomes too distracting and just too silly.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back