Fringe

It really is a great show. I can't get my wife to watch it, so I basically get to watch it all by myself, so the enjoyment is all mine. :)

Oh, my God; I am in love with this show. I'm in love with alternate universes, and they give me a show predicated on that? THANK YOU.

Oh, my God; I am in love with this show. I'm in love with alternate universes, and they give me a show predicated on that? THANK YOU.

YES! And this season has been awesome thus far.

I'm fascinated by the alternate universe, the First People, the Machine, Cortexiphan powers... I love that the show has been steadily building - adding more layers of greatness.

It's exciting to think of where the show will go from here. :D:thumbsup

Last edited:

Ditto. I skipped it when it debuted and recently flew through seasons 1 & 2. Love it. Great storytelling, cool character growth, a healthy perspective on psychedelics = awesome.

Definitely scratches the "Lost" itch for me a bit....which is nice.

I like to think of Fringe as 1/3 X-Files + 1/3 CSI + 1/3 The Night Stalker. One of my favorite shows on now. The thing is, in January they are moving it to the deadly Friday night spot. But to play homage to another show that died there, the episode is called..................wait for it..................................."Firefly".

Between my kid and TiVo, there is nothing I watch when it's originally on. Everything's time-shifted. In fact, I've usually got two or three episodes of the stuff I like to watch to catch up on at any one time.

This was a cool read:

Friday night death slot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...especially this quote: "According to FOX Entertainment President Kevin Reilly, nearly half of FRINGE's viewership time shifts the show to watch at their convenience, and that 'if it does anywhere ne...ar what it did on Thursdays, we can glue that show to the schedule because it can be a big win for us'."

Great Read....I miss the days of TGIF from abc...

They forgot to list a show under fox...One of my favorite shows was Arrested Development....they moved it to the friday night death time slot, then they thought it would be a "great idea" to show new episodes during the opening Olympics....ugh, Hate fox

David Cross sums it up pretty nicely about fox marketing team....NSFW..LANGUAGE!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeFV5GprfaQ&feature=related

I'm the same way. With family and work, thank God for my DVR, otherwise I would only be able to talk about food, nuclear diapers, and nookie;)

I watch this show with my wife. She digs it considerable more than I do, but I still enjoy it. It's but a drop in the sea of emptiness left by LOST.

Anna Torv makes it easy to keep watching, though.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back