Give Fringe a second chance!

Ghadrack

Sr Member
I am posting this as a person that virtually pooped all over this show after the first five or six episodes aired as an over hyped stinker, who is now a CONVERT.

I was excited at the prospect of a new Fox Sci Fi show in the same vein as the X Files, but after the first few episodes I thought the actors were lame and I got bored and stopped watching. Friends convinced me to give the show a second chance, gave me access to the first two seasons which I watched and was blown away by. This show got exponentially better with each episode mid way through season one, and has gotten to be a really good show.

Much like Firefly, I have a feeling that they are going to pull the plug on this one early, if you wanted this show to be good but gave up early on, i recommend that you give it a second chance, it really does get to be a pretty awesome program, you just have to give those first half dozen episodes a pass if they turned you off on the first go round.

I really have to get back to it. I'm in the same boat you were in. I was bored by the first few episodes and then I missed an episode, then another and just never cared to catch up. I will. There's not much else on tv.

I remember hearing about it, but never knew when it was on. Very recently someone at work recommended I pick up the bluray. I'm so glad I did! FRINGE is FANTASTIC!

Halfway through the second season blurays right now -- trying to catch up!

I hadn't ever really watched it till a few weeks back. I had bought the blu ray season 1 for something like 30 bucks from amazon around christmas, and I finally had enough time to kill to marathon em.

It was awesome.

There are some slow episodes, and sometimes the general idea is a little off from what you expect, but overall it is pretty great.

Just finished up season 2, and Fracture made me want to make some clear castings of my head and hands and whatnot and prop em up with one of those little detonators :lol

I haven't caught any of season 3 yet, but that will change next week.

Definitely give it a chance. One of my favorite episodes is S2's Brown Betty. Walter kicks ass.

I kinda wish that he would do voice work. I can imagine him as a great villain. Lex Luthor or Darkseid, he has that "I am not amused" tone when he speaks as Normal Walter that is just.... awesome.

Chris

I stuck with it but have really given up on it this season. For whatever reason, I just find this season to be boring. Sounds like a lot of other people do as well, since it's really on the bubble of cancellation.

This season is better than the first two combined. But I love love love alternate reality stuff, so there's that.

"Who's Andrew Jackson?" That stuff slays me. And it's good to see Charlie again.

I've been aware of it for sometime but had never seen it. I decided to watch the first four episodes of season 3 on Hulu and I love it. Very interesting.

I started watching it about halfway through the last season (?), but they lost me on the episode when they crossed over to the parallel dimension. I'm done.

Finished the second season over the weekend - wow, what a finale!

I love the alternate universe, and what the show is building towards. Anxious to get caught up with the new episodes.

And it's a huge plus that the props are awesome. Gonna do a search and see if anyone has made any Fringe replicas yet. I really like the 'shockwave gun' from ep.104, the shape-changer box, and the Model 77 pistol. Good stuff! :):thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back