Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Costumes

I found two that were identical but they were both made in the late 19th century and going for over $300.00 each! I couldn't justify the cost.

I am thinking of making a Sculpey shaped handle over an existing scissors and go from there.....! It depends upon time but I really hafe not deadline until Halloween considering I missed most of the Mad Hatter events!

i say just sculpt the buggers, i mean if anything you could probably just make the handles with a like tab that will hold it in the holster just for looks

i thought id try that with some of this Plastic i have laying around

otherwise im just gonna scour the thrift stores and antique shoppes for fancy but affordable ones

check out what i made today
SDC12742.jpg

this is the first one ive ever made and for a Commission
(same for the hat)
im really happy with how my first came out
now to just perfect it ^^

Nice job! It was a bugger to make. I'm working on 2.0 which will be double sided.

Is the picture backwards or a reflection? Shouldn't that ribbon patch be rotated clockwise about 45 degrees? Something doesn't look right....:wacko

yeah i plan on practicing it more and making me a hard-core awesome one

and yeah -_-;
it should be flipped, i realized that once i finished stitching it
but it should be fine

if its any consolation i was using the Comic-con hat as reference
my computer doesn't work and my mom was on the family computer and the only pictures i have printed for the hat were that of the Con hat

but it looks fine in the all around

it would be to the advantage for everyone on this thread who is going to Comic-Con to attend the masquerade Saturday night. I can't go into detail, but let me just add that my entire wonderland crew will be out in full force.....mwah ha ha ha ha. . .

it would be to the advantage for everyone on this thread who is going to Comic-Con to attend the masquerade Saturday night. I can't go into detail, but let me just add that my entire wonderland crew will be out in full force.....mwah ha ha ha ha. . .

We usually watch it from one of the remote rooms-
I'll make sure we pick a room on the side with the photo area so we can get photos of you once you're off stage :)

Oh Yes ,
Its gonna Happen its just gonna take longer than i had hoped.
i really wanna get'er done by the end of august!!

next i gotta cast the front legs which i made from Foil and super sculpy.
after that i'll hand over everything to the pros and have them make the chair.
the reason i did the legs was they wanted 1,000 for those alone and they
coulnt guarantee how good the front legs would turn out.
so i bought a wood lathe for 150.00 at harbor freight.
the wood was about 40.00
the clay and foil for the front about 20.00
the silicone and plastic for the casting was the expensive part
but altogether 410.00 and i got a new lathe out of it.
and i can always cast more legs if anyone is in the market.

I know I know i did the back legs upside down.
but im not gonna whittle them out again.
i can live with it.( i think)
as i type i'm thinkn about cutting the bottoms
and fixing..we shall see.

bucket.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

Um is nearly done :)
Still need to do a final fitting with it on me-and make those adjustments.
Also still need to make the arm wrap, and finish the shoes-

Can't get the file uploader to load an image-I'll post one once I'm able :)

Hey scarlet, your Apron is almost done (just heart and ties, will be done today)
juat wanted to tell you if there are any problems regarding fit, ill be staying at the merriot, ill have my sewing machine and some extra fabric

so ill send it on monday along with my number so you can call me direct
kay^^

yeah I fly into san diego on tuesday the 19th, and I have like 5 hours before all of my other friends arrive, anybody wanna hang out lemme know!

PM me and we can exchange cell numbers!

Hey scarlet, your Apron is almost done (just heart and ties, will be done today)
juat wanted to tell you if there are any problems regarding fit, ill be staying at the merriot, ill have my sewing machine and some extra fabric

so ill send it on monday along with my number so you can call me direct
kay^^

Yay!
Thank you!
I'm sure it will be lovely!

mmmhmm
its just like mine

well the ties are different, but i ran out of fabric
im on the hunt for more
so if i find it im gonna get a ton of it and if you like you can send yours back to me and ill replace the ties with more screen accurate ones free of charge ^^

mmmhmm
its just like mine

well the ties are different, but i ran out of fabric
im on the hunt for more
so if i find it im gonna get a ton of it and if you like you can send yours back to me and ill replace the ties with more screen accurate ones free of charge ^^

Thanks-I'll take a look when it gets here and let you know if we'll want to meet up in San Diego to make the correction :)

Here's Um finished-though not yet final fitted to me :)

It's fuller than the dress as worn in the costume portrait, but in the film it seems fuller so I'm ok with the difference.
Also my hearts are larger than the ones on screen-but I'm ok with that too :)

I'm very happy with it and am excited to get to wear it in a few days at Comic Con!

I'm wearing this Saturday-come up and say hello if you see me!

On Friday my Hatter and I will be reprising our Disneyland versions of Hatter and Alice. Pix are on my profile. Say hello if you see us!

What are all of you wearing on which day?
That way I'll know who to keep an eye out for, and who to make sure to get pictures of :)

And special thanks to SithsPadawan for the apron! Your taking on the apron commission enabled me to concentrate on Um and get the dress done in time!

It looks amazing!!! Is it all done? Are you going to put the white panel around the bodice under the curtain? It looks sooo clean and perfect. *_* You did an amazing job!!!

Wow, the UM dress is wonderful!!!!! I've always said...If I could wear one dress...It'd be that one. :) :love:confused:unsure

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back