Doctor Who Tennant suit fabric reweave

Wore my 11 boots to a job interview recently. I was warned that wearing a suit was a massive red flag. You have to dress for the job you want.

Or dress as the Doctor for the job you want.

Until we get some guys posting photos of their finished suits... here are some shots of the bolts:

BrownwithBluestripe.jpg

Bluewithredstripe.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

My girlfriend introduced me to Doctor Who a couple months ago. We just finished the fourth season last week. I really want to get my body into one of these suits. They look fantastic!

I just wish it were easier to save money these days. :angry

I am hoping to have saved enough to get one by the time SDCC rolls around (granted they get registration up and running).

Sigh, so close and yet so far... Living in the same country as all that lovely lovely fabric... Of course I'm thinking all sorts of Victorian power suit thoughts ratehr than 10 thoughts...

Got my brown fabric a couple of days ago - looks good! A bit darker than I was expecting from all the pics. Have all of these been taken with a lot of flash?

My pictures were taken with flash or in direct sunlight. If you're concerned about accuracy though, don't worry. It's accurate.

:lol No worries! It was just a darker than all the pics, so I figured I'd check with everyone else.

I am very happy and can't wait for my suit!

Yea, the fabric is deceptively dark. I was a little surprised when I saw it in person the first time. (the original stuff, I mean) I like it that way though, it's not as "hey, look at me".

Agreed. I watched New Earth last night and you can see how dark the fabric is in the outside shots.

Of course, now I'm going to need a coat...

Just got my 5 yards of brown pinstripe fabric and the Swirly tie. They both look great- I'm very pleased. Thanks for all the hard work you've put into these projects.

I would say to anyone on the fence that the cotton fabric just...if you're after the real deal for a Tennant suit, the cotton just moves right, it almost sounds right when you walk. I have a 10 suit in blue and it is extraordinary comfortable.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back