Raiders Flying WING

Got the wheels printed out. pics are bad, need to shoot some primer on them so they show up better. all parts are printed so the wheels can turn if you wanted to roll it around. Now that the X jet is done minus paint. ill be on this full time.

Thanks For looking.

Al

Ok heres some pics of the parts together and in primer. these are just test parts. im going to redesign them so that when there in pieces, there will be pegs and holes to index them so they go together in the right position. and the spacing will allow them to roll if you want that.

the last pic with the gear under the wing. im going to add the correct angle for the landing gear to the wing. so that will also be indexed into the right position. no guessing here. just glue in place.

thanks for looking.

Al

Last edited:
ya get to it ththWhipping_Emoticon.gif

Started on the main body. I lofted the cross sections and cut ribs. I had some brass tubing so I cut holes to index the ribs. next ill pour two part foam and sand it down to the ribs. primer repeat until its nice. then build the cockpit on top and make a plug to vac form.

Heres a few pics of the ribs. more soon.

Al

Thanks for looking.

An interesting note about the original prop, it was built by Vickers in England, the same company who designed the VC-10

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back