Lasse Henning A-Wing build..

I'm now trying to figure out how to get these decals.. The model is old but there was a re-release in 2012 by a company named Airfix. They do not sell individual decals

I may have found a company that does full color waterslide decals. Waiting for a quote and to see if they are able. I submitted the PDF provided by rbeach84

I have a scan of the 1/24 scale Airfix Harrier kit decals, if you want it for reference.
I made my artwork using the scanned sheet and OpenOfficeOrg 'DRAW' so the graphics are in a vector format. However, the 'odt' native OOO format is apparently not entirely compatible with PhotoShop, but there is a way to troubleshoot it so a clean 'import' can be done. I did this with Mark Tutton at Starfighter Decals, just can't recall the specifics...
Again, let me know if you want any of these work products! ;^)
Regards, Robert

I have a scan of the 1/24 scale Airfix Harrier kit decals, if you want it for reference.
I made my artwork using the scanned sheet and OpenOfficeOrg 'DRAW' so the graphics are in a vector format. However, the 'odt' native OOO format is apparently not entirely compatible with PhotoShop, but there is a way to troubleshoot it so a clean 'import' can be done. I did this with Mark Tutton at Starfighter Decals, just can't recall the specifics...
Regards, Robert
Please. Any hi res scans would be appreciated

Regards, Robert
Also, what size sheet would these fit on?

Not certain... the scan has a ruler included, so you can do a measure using that. See the attached. If I recall correctly, all of the A-Wing decals came from the stencilling graphics of this sheet.
R/ Robert

Attachments

• Airfix_Harrier_1_24.jpg
    Airfix_Harrier_1_24.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
Note that the scanned decal sheet is of course not the same as from the original issue of the kit and seems to lack some of the items, such as the one with the warning striping (numbered 09 on my drawing).

Do you know exactly how much smaller the kit is compared to the studio filming miniature? That percentage will determine how much the 1/24 kit decals have to be reduced to give the proper size. If it close (within 5%) then perhaps you might just use the kit decals you've obtained (did you obtain a set?)

R/ Robert

Note that the scanned decal sheet is of course not the same as from the original issue of the kit and seems to lack some of the items, such as the one with the warning striping (numbered 09 on my drawing).

Do you know exactly how much smaller the kit is compared to the studio filming miniature? That percentage will determine how much the 1/24 kit decals have to be reduced to give the proper size. If it close (within 5%) then perhaps you might just use the kit decals you've obtained (did you obtain a set?)

R/ Robert
I will be sent a proof before the actual decals are made. I'll print out a set and check them against the model I have. If need be I can ask for a reduction in size.

I should have the proofs next week. From there I will determine if one is a good fit, otherwise I'll ask for a further reduction by 5%

On a hunch, I ordered a set of 1/48 scale decals for the Harrier GR.1. They appear to be a good fit.. so I'm going to try to get a refund on the custom decals. If I can't, then I'll have a set to sell.

You can see the decal film silvering in the contemporary picture in your post... which may have not been the case on the studio model when it was made. Built with speed in mind, there was likely no protective overcoat used on the filming miniature so the decals adhesion has degraded over time... decision point!
;^)
R/ Robert

Ok.... after months of waiting, here is the (hopefully) final proof. I printed out on paper just to confirm size and color.. what do you all think? The sheet will have all the decals used on this model.

Attachments

• 20240325_121422.jpg
    20240325_121422.jpg
    869 KB · Views: 31

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back