Raiders Flying WING

Looks great! Such an under served piece from the Indy trilogy. I keep meaning to kitbash one from German bomber kits. This is off to a great start.

This model is awesome. I'm so glad someone is finally making a Flying Wing replica. Can't wait to see the finished product. Great work!

Ok a little late but here they are. sorry for the Cell Pics. couldnt find the card to my Camera.

just a rough fit. going to make a Jig to position the wings on the body and hold everything in place for final smoothing over.

And the start of fitting the front landing gear. As always i try to show all the dirty work. because these things dont magically go together by themselves.

thanks for looking. any questions or comments. go for it.

Al

Looking good I always love the dirty pics......it's cool to
see how something goes from rough to cleaned up,
that's usually where you can learn things! The bad phone
pics make it look grainy......like the old model building shots
you would see of the guys working on them in the studio! LOL

Kindah cool!:thumbsup

Last edited:
Awesome...awesome, awesome. Looks great! Do you have pics or even the files for the ribs? What program did you use to draw them out?

Keep up the great work and keep those pics a-coming!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Awesome...awesome, awesome. Looks great! Do you have pics or even the files for the ribs? What program did you use to draw them out?

Keep up the great work and keep those pics a-coming!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have all the files for the ribs. they were drawn out in autocad and laser cut.

Thanks glad you like it.

ALl

Couple quick pics. Mounted the landing gear to a board to keep everything in place as i work on it. got the wings even and everything is where it should be. ran out of primer so just a quick dusting to see what i need to fill.

Thanks for looking.

Al

one for size reference.

Yes the props will spin. And landing gear will roll

Thanks for looking

Al

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the props will spin. And landing gear will roll

Thanks for looking

Al

Oohh, I like what I'm seeing Al...and then you had to add: the props will spin and landing gear will roll:eek Way cool!!

Got a little done on this. The Engine Nacell and fin with the prop. (note the nacell is not level due to front landing gear removed) and its leaning forward. Still need the intake on the under side of the wing and the cockpit. also going to reprint the landing gear. for the final model.

Heres a few pics. questions, comments. feel free.

Al

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back