Raiders Flying WING

Re: WINGING IT, Raiders Style

Ah, OK. That model. It seems to have lost it's cockpit. I'm sure yours will be nicer.

It would be fun if you did a dio with the props spinning and Indy and the bald guy fighting right in front of one of the props.

While the laser cutter is cutting the patterns for the wings and the body, I did a quick and dirty mock up of a wing section to see how I wanted to attach the engine nacelle. I decided on cutting the shape in the wing and leaving the nacelle whole. heres a few pics of the plans and the mock up.

Thanks for looking

Al.

Looks really good. I blame this plane for my fascination with flying wings as a kid lol.

Ok, Got one wing ready for primer. I did the old wax the part and fit with bondo trick. to give me a perfect and smooth contour on the wing. next ill get the other wing done and then the wing tips. then concentrate on the center section. hope you can see whats going on. take better pics once theres some primer on it.

Heres a few pics.

Thanks for looking.

Al

Started on the wing tip for the first wing. made a quick fixture to index it and get the proper angle. and also started on the other wing. fit the nacelle.

Next ill fit the wing tip. then start on the center section. Im having such a good time, ive decided on my next raiders project check out the last pic.

Thanks for looking.
Al

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back