Moebius B-9 Lost In Space Robot X 3

The claws are prone to being out of alignment when closed without the annoying-looking pegs I removed...

So I made simple place-holders...

Darkened the edges...

And glued them in place.

It seems to work.:thumbsup

Wow, these little cuffs took a LOT longer than I expected; a freakin' SEAM all around each and every one!!:rolleyes:

So I'm doing tests for the first season look to the legs. I aimed a fairly strong hair dryer at the centre section for like, A LOT of minutes, and it surely got soft, but not enough to manipulate at all. This is tough stuff. Flame would melt it, but also certainly create holes.
My next test will probably be cutting it, and shrink-wrapping clear plastic wrap to it to create the proper look, then the painting. Still considering other possibilities though, cutting is kinda permanent.
This testing is being done on my personal build so that I can apply it successfully to my client's.

Can you post a decent pic of where the body meets at the bottom? I want to put a servo in so it can turn but as i haven't got my model yet i have no idea if it would be feasible or not. Thanks

Yes, i think i could manage that. Should be a nice little addition to the sound and lights i am building for it too. Thanks for taking the time to post for me. I also intend to use the power pack as the on/off switch, is the power pack removable from the rest of the model?

I have finished my current build and am now getting all of the electronics and lighting sorted to give this a go. It should be fun but i will be following your build very closely for tips :)

Just got the ParaGrafix photo etch, I am very impressed! This is awesome. Easy to work with, cuts well, sands well.

And the lower window grills are way more accurate.

How tall is he when finished? Looks like a really nice model (and you're doing a great build! Subscribed!) Have you thought about doing a 1:1 build?

It's about 13 inches. Not too small, not too big.
My car has been in the shop for over a week, hence my lack of progress. I need PAINT!!!

Chris, i have been looking at how i might light 'the brain'; it's going to be difficult the way the stalks are all clear plastic etc and Im not sure how i am going to get LED in there without having wires in the way. Had you had any thoughts about how you might do that or do you only intend to light behind the 'screens' and leave the light stalks alone? If the lighting kits have some cunning way to achieve a full light effect for the brain, would you be able to post some pics or something so i can have a look at how i might sort mine out. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back