RED ALERT Lost 3 ft TOS Enterprise found????

Drexler said on Facebook that the question of restoration vs preservation is still to be determined.

A virtual restoration is what is called for.

Besides these photographs---this thing needs to go into both an MRI and X-ray---to see initial mold lines of the underside's flat saucer.

Now---I wonder---could the de-aging technology used on actors be used on objects as well?

Start with making the original 3-Foot model (as is) being scanned as a virtual model---and morph it to fit the early photographs...

I'd like to see this and Shaw's side by side if possible.

A virtual restoration is what is called for.

Besides these photographs---this thing needs to go into both an MRI and X-ray---to see initial mold lines of the underside's flat saucer.

Now---I wonder---could the de-aging technology used on actors be used on objects as well?

Start with making the original 3-Foot model (as is) being scanned as a virtual model---and morph it to fit the early photographs...

I'd like to see this and Shaw's side by side if possible.

There are no mold lines; it's made entirely of wood. All of the parts were turned on an industrial lathe according to Datin.

Wow, that primary hull underside looks....very different. I'd love to see more of that saucer underside, the hull bulge is much more rounded and pronounced, and the lower sensor dome looks different also.

Very interesting.

There are no mold lines; it's made entirely of wood. All of the parts were turned on an industrial lathe according to Datin.
That’s right—I should have said “outline.”

The underside may have had two domes?
It was flat, then they tried to bulk it up to match the 11 footer’s saucer underside. So it isn’t just wood—some putty.

A X-Ray or scan would reveal the original outline on the saucer underside.

Speaking of which…, in the old photos, its lines look crisp.

It may have soaked up a lot of water.

How to you straighten it out? Sacrifice the paint—steam it to be more pliable and risk warping? A dry kiln might induce cracking.

Here is where people who restore wooden sculptures might be brought in…a different skill set:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back