**death star poker table**

Fuzzual

Sr Member
Ok friends, i posted a similar thread with questions concering this project and I want to thank those that provided me with input.

I have designed and planned a Death Star Poker Table. The table will measure 8 foot long by 4 foot wide. There will be a black leather arm pad around the parimeter followed by a 7 inch race-track (the area where poker chips, drinks, snacks can sit) this 7 inch track will be made of plexi-glass so that the players can view through this section. The reason is that I am building a "Trench" in this space.

The trench will measure 6 3/4 wide by 4 1/4 tall. (Not sure what scale it is) The trench will circle around the entire table.

The felt will be "Royal Guard Red" with an embroider Empire logo.

I hope you guys like the idea and can provide any thoughts or suggestions on the project as it goes along. I figure 6 months to completion. (I'm an optimist):love

First images are from a scratch built Turbo Laser Tower (Not exact replica, but close enough)

UPDATE

Hey all, well I've been working on various aspects of the trench model itself, but I have also finished the plans for the table itself. I have included pics of that in this post.

I am hoping to start cutting and putting the table together this weekend!!!

Are you going to be able to get at the speed felt to replace it? Speed felt is awesome (make sure to get the good stuff, I've seen some that isn't waterproof) but you will need to change it out eventually.

Also, it would be awesome if you put lights in the trench area, and were able to incorporate cameras as well. I know that's one thing that the guys I play with regularly wish we had access to. It would be neat to sit down one time and be able to watch exactly what was going on during the game.

Looking forward to see this come to completion!

Mike

Are you going to be able to get at the speed felt to replace it? Speed felt is awesome (make sure to get the good stuff, I've seen some that isn't waterproof) but you will need to change it out eventually.

Also, it would be awesome if you put lights in the trench area, and were able to incorporate cameras as well. I know that's one thing that the guys I play with regularly wish we had access to. It would be neat to sit down one time and be able to watch exactly what was going on during the game.

Looking forward to see this come to completion!

Mike

:lol It cracks me up what you said about the cameras, cause I do have a few "bullet cams" lying around. I am in Audio/Video, so spare parts are my thing! I was entertaining the idea of putting in cameras, but thought it was too over the top, but not anymore. Thanks man!

And yes, I will be able to replace the speed felt. I have a poker table in my basement now, that I built a couple of years ago, and I have replaced the felt on that as well. After many sessions of drinks spilled, food dumped, and players arms on the table you want to replace often. But thanks for the heads up!

Lights are also a definite. I have plans for lights to be incorporated within the trench, as well as under the arm rest pad.

Fuzzual
what a great idea this is
I'd need a few more like minded friends to really enjoy this, they may find it novel the 1st time, but skip my joint in the next rotation:rolleyes

The lights would also really be needed to let the cameras work. :)

If you do end up going all out and doing the lights and cameras, I might have to take a trip out to Colorado some time just to join in on your home game. (I hope you play low limits!)

Mike

Fuzzual
what a great idea this is
I'd need a few more like minded friends to really enjoy this, they may find it novel the 1st time, but skip my joint in the next rotation:rolleyes

Fortunate for me, my friends have been playing in my "Over Obsessed Star Wars Room" for a couple of years. I keep them coming back by providing good beer, good food, & an 92" theater screen! So they put up with the obsession.

The lights would also really be needed to let the cameras work. :)

If you do end up going all out and doing the lights and cameras, I might have to take a trip out to Colorado some time just to join in on your home game. (I hope you play low limits!)

Mike

I am totally planning on going all out with this project; Lights, Cameras, the whole works! I have a spare room, come on out! We play for what ever you got on ya. :confused

I am totally planning on going all out with this project; Lights, Cameras, the whole works! I have a spare room, come on out! We play for what ever you got on ya. :confused

That's the perfect reply for a poker player! :D

Do you guys just play texas? No limit? Or mixed games as well?

Mike

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back