Come in No 2, your time is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Cowen

Sr Member
I had to do it, I've not painted for what feels like 2 years, so I've been getting this thing up to speed whilst having a break from Slave 3.....

Great Casting but the lower Hull was warped to hell, its taken me a while to get it to this stage but the rest is a dream, though I think I've some parts missing, need to check with Mr Salzo

I've also misplaced a hole bag with the rear fins in it, I'm doing this a lot recently...no matter where I put stuff it disappears ...could be old age kicking in!!!

No 2.jpgSpeeder 2.jpg

Speeder looking good,it'll be killer once paint,like you did on the MR's.
Looking forward to this.

Don

Cheers Don, I'm going to enjoy every min of this paint up, Lee certainly set a new barr on Speeder paint so its time to knuckle down :)

been working on mine kit as well, sorry to hear of the lost parts, been there done THAT! it sucks.

cant wait to see more

Looking good mate, its a fun one, build and paint, its all the silly little details that make the paintjob, cant wait to see this take form, itll come good Guy, great one to display!

lee

It was a pain TJ, I had to use a heat gun a few times and added the alu bar to help straighten it, though this ended up being as much a pain as not having it (not in the long term though). It was warped left to right and forward end was twisted. I thought it had a bump in the centre so spent ages taking meat out where I could but only then spotted the front end warp, I had to just keep trying and trying to twist it straight, in the process made the sides a bit too soft then had to re do them.....basically a lot of chasing my tail but got there in the end. I have to say though its not the casting at fault here the kit is almost flawless otherwise, I wish all kits where like this.

Great start Guy,
can't wait to see it finished,
with your painting skills this will be a masterpiece.
I wonder which version you wanna build/paint ?

Thanks Fellas, Its ship No2 Rogue Leader I always loved the red Speeders but since I have all the great ref on Rogue Leader its impossible not to have a crack at it as its so rich and textured, plus I already did the Red version on my MR re paint so its nice to have a crack a new things.

I'm not going to replace or upgrade the kit, its a great kit & I just can't devote the headspace to any other builds other than the Slave and B-Wing at the moment oh and Probe Droid !!!! Yikes!!!

Its more so I can get painting again and have some time away from the math thats figuring out Slave 1, I can't wait to paint it.

Hey Guy, glad to see you're speederin' too...when it's finished we need to get all three displayed together matey
I'm sure it'll be ace...they always are in your hands..:D

Phil

Anyone got the instructions for this kit, I can't find any and have a few lil parts I'm not sure about? Hoping to get the base coat on tonight if I can sort this out. thanks in advance

Sussed it, Mike sent the instructions, It was those scratched Leo bits I could;t figure where they went, Now I know they where the Leo bits so not to use em :),

LOL yeah they are in fact Leo bits, from the Leopold, by Hasegawa, and not scratch built in anyway shape or form, pity, but they went on the rad fins IIRC mate. You painted this yet?

lee

Looking good mate, your getting to some fun stuff putting all the nicks and scratches on, i used low grit sanding papers and swept them back over the areas i needed, top fun!

lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back