B-Wing ID, Build and Now Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: B-Wing ID thread

I'm obviously not a cool kid because I am totally confuzzled and confused. Edit..... I saved my pennies and was awating that kit as well, Edit.... I skipped the 1/24th run last year because I bought F&M's BSG kits and loved them edit....

OK so I've read this thread a half a dozen times with my sarcasm filter set at varying levels and I'll just put it out there. If a certain B-wing kit is looking like a reality, I'd like to be on whatever PM list there is for interest..... because I am eternally interested.

Last edited:

I pride myself on getting it as Bubble free as possible.
Sorry, you feel it was plagued with "large bubbles".
It's not exactly as easy thing to cast.

However, I was pretty happy with the results.
Feel free to return it, I would be happy to refund you.

french_taunter.jpg

And people wonder why we want to stop producing kits.....

Frank, no need and as I'd said there are no complaints as I know the nature of the beast, If I had any complaints I'd of come to you directly. I dont know how many time I've said this is a great great kit. It is a shame though when detailed parts are bubbled over just flat area's as it does make it a lot harder to get crisp results as you know. Still, that said there are no complaints :cool

Never has been and if you think I'm returning it then you can go Jump in a river and swim with your pants on your head :behave

Back on track and on topic now if we can please, Lee will keep his thoughts private or via PM now Ta:thumbsup

WOW,.. not been login for a while and then tons to read.
My B was never meant to be a specific B, just meant to be the best base for either the "blue" or "orange" ships cuz they are two unique ships. Beside it would have been nonsense to make/cast more parts the builder just throw away anyway, thats a waste of Franks limited time and resources.

If Guy choose to replace parts, so be it, honestly I don't care, thats his choice.

But it's great to see that his build is coming along nicely :)

As for quality. I know that Frank does his best to get clean casts. All parts are pressure casts to eliminate and make sure most bubbles are gone.
Some parts are just to tricky to mold and cast, especially on the B, due to the complex nature of the part. Ive tried to construct the part both mold friendly and build friendly, not an easy task.

Secret PM interest sign up list, sure there is, you have to be special and know me and Frank to get on that list - we are open for donations and will post our bank account numbers shortly ;)
Kidding...

When we are ready, we will announce it how and when. The reason why some people have the B already, well,... simple.. we take care of those who helped us making this a reality. Huge thank to you guys:)

Happy for yo guy are you going to heat it? And do you have to paint or stain it?

Cheers Mike, its already been treated in an clear finnish but it will be painted, still deciding what colour, I'm hoping to have it insulated by the end of the week, one of my neighbours is hopefully fitting the power and lights this weekend then its fully operational for the Emperors visit.

I sent 10 PMs and I heard back from 3 people.

Common Frank admit it You did PM the wrong people:lol

To defend Frank a little, he did PM whom he thought would jump on this, i know i was one of those contacted, and passed it onto Guy, it was a case of bad timing for me as i race Karts, and had a costly motor rebuild on my plate.
Hence, Franks PM was out the blue, and probably caught a few off guard, not all of us have the $ amount readily available at all times, least of all me as i have a few costly hobbies anyway.
Dont give Frank a hard time, he contacted the right guys, just at the wrong time id say.

Lee

Racing is one pricy hobby, I would love to zip my bike around a track or do club races but way to pricy.

But I never understood the demand for these rare kits. It looks like a great kit but looking at the numbers just doesnt add up. if you look though the thread only 6 people are inserted, only a quarter will actually purchase the kit. In the end looking at 1.5 people give or take a few.

Its a great looking kit and build. Congrats to the lucky three who own it.

Eric

Thats why they are so expensive. 550 ish.

78 individual parts. 65 individual molds.
ONE set of molds, no gang molds.

It's too big and too difficult to make it publicly available. ( At that price, I would guess few would sell anyway. )
Which is why we went build ups only, and offered it privately to people we knew and thought would appreciate it.

When the Slave one happens, probably do the same thing.

Back to normal scheduling, I" Think I;ve solved a small problem today as the Primer wasn't taking in parts. Even after a good bath, Weirdly it seems to be a new tin of Primer I have........Weird.

wingdetail2.png

BP1.jpg

BP.jpg

BP3.jpg

Last edited:

Guy, that really does look nice bud, its been an opinion of mine for a while, this ship has only one attractive angle, viewed from the top.
It makes up for having only one sexy angle, because, from the top, its pure awesome anyway.
Anyhoo, Guy, have you checked all your relevant aircraft kits ordnance pylons for those fins?
Have to say, i bang on about how its not a big love of mine, looking at those pics, i do get a little twinge of envy, cant wait to see paint.

lee

Looking very clean and sharp there Guy !! It appears to have been a pretty effortless build in comparisson to mine ie less than two months verses more than two years plus. The proportions and detailing on it look superb now. As an unfortunate "expert" on it ,given I have spent THAT much time looking at the B wing pics trying to correct mine, I'm really rather envious of you. That B wing looks the proper business! Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of probably the most screen accurate B wing in the world!
Still waiting for the warmer weather to paint mine, its way too cold at the moment and I hate waiting for the paint to dry properly. Role on the summer. I guess you are lighting it given the engines are not yet in?

Guy, that really does look nice bud, its been an opinion of mine for a while, this ship has only one attractive angle, viewed from the top.
It makes up for having only one sexy angle, because, from the top, its pure awesome anyway.
Anyhoo, Guy, have you checked all your relevant aircraft kits ordnance pylons for those fins?
Have to say, i bang on about how its not a big love of mine, looking at those pics, i do get a little twinge of envy, cant wait to see paint.

lee

Been through em mate, I cant find a single part that matches but there are similar ones or I could cut up some fins to get a similar looking part, I dont have a lot of aircraft kits though and spending many an hour on cybermodels and SSM looking at stuff, The good news is I found a few more donors

Looking very clean and sharp there Guy !! It appears to have been a pretty effortless build in comparisson to mine ie less than two months verses more than two years plus. The proportions and detailing on it look superb now. As an unfortunate "expert" on it ,given I have spent THAT much time looking at the B wing pics trying to correct mine, I'm really rather envious of you. That B wing looks the proper business! Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of probably the most screen accurate B wing in the world!
Still waiting for the warmer weather to paint mine, its way too cold at the moment and I hate waiting for the paint to dry properly. Role on the summer. I guess you are lighting it given the engines are not yet in?

:lol, I wouldn't say effortless to be honest but there are def no comparisons between the 2 kits regarding quality or design. Somehow I think Moe may have a few of these up his sleeve so I doubt I'm the only one, I know one finished but have never seen pics, what a shame as it must be amazing to see. I've made around 10 or so adjustments or additions to edge it towards the Orange spot version, to be honest I could a lot more but am saving them for a scratch built version. Moe and Frank have done a great job and I know I 'm very very lucky.

As for lighting, Nope it wont be lit. I decided a while back that all the effort I've ever put into lighting has been a waste of time as I never display them lit. I will be adding the bulbs for display purposes but no wiring.

Last edited:

Hello Guy

Quick question regarding your GuyLM shed- did you replace the standard doors with French Doors by any chance from the photos this looks apparent?

Sorry if this is off thread...but fantastic B-Wing by the way.....orange spot on! Also Kudos to Moe and Frank too for rendering it in the first place.

Sanjay..

Hello Guy

Quick question regarding your GuyLM shed- did you replace the standard doors with French Doors by any chance from the photos this looks apparent?

Sorry if this is off thread...but fantastic B-Wing by the way.....orange spot on! Also Kudos to Moe and Frank too for rendering it in the first place.

Sanjay..

I have, it comes as an option, its an Albany Major Apex with Cotswold doors, its a very sturdy shed and meant to be used for workshop/garage applications as opposed to tool or storage sheds. Power goes in on Saturday and then its fully up and running and soon to be a Summer damson colour :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back