Clone Wars Hyena Bomber - Hasbro conversion

REL

Sr Member
Hello,

This is the huge Hasbro Hyena bomber measuring 16" long. I love this design
Thanks for looking.

Pic rom the show:
hyena.jpg

First I had to "untoy it" by filling in all the screw holes, removing all the buttons, then filling those in. Then fitting things together so it could be built up to resemble the CG version.

Then I cut the windows out, resculpted the bomb bay.

hyena01.jpg

Installed the lighting.

hyena02.jpg

Then I kind of forgot to take pics so here it is finished.

hyena04.jpg

hyena05.jpg

hyena06.jpg

hyena07.jpg

hyena08.jpg

hyena12.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool - I love that Hasbro has taken a little care to at least get the toys "close" to what they should look like. They are doing a really nice job with them...

Then of Course REL gets a hold of it an takes it up about 20 notches :D

Your rebuild looks awesome!

Jedi Dade

Man. I am in awe of how good a little bit of weathering can look! How did you apply the "rust"? And the black smoke trails?

How much better the prequels could have been if FILMED with ships like this. :(

true:thumbsup even if the story pretty much sucked still they would have a "used" universe to be in.

Great work (as always) Rel, Is this one of the toys you got as compensation?

Thanks everyone.

The abs plastic it's made of takes paint very well, it's just really hard to sand, cut and scribe. Imagine trying to scribe or sand the side of a tire and that's pretty close to what it is.

When you sand it, it wants to ball up and it's impossible to get rid of scratches. So the trick is to sand it, then put on several coats of duplicolor gap filling primer, then sand that with finer grain sand paper and it comes out nice and smooth.

Scribing is best done with the back side of a xacto blade making very very fine passes, if you push down too hard it won't scribe so much as scratch, once again like if you were scribing on a spare tire.

The rust was orange pastel chalk disolved in rubbing alcohol, then splattered on with my wifes....I mean, an old tooth brush.

Here's some more pics.

Thank you for your interest.

hyena10.jpg

hyena11.jpg

hyena13.jpg

It looks awesome! Immediately looked on ebay for the toy... :lol

The most annoying part of this build must be masking the zig-zag-pattern on the wings! :confused

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back