The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galxay "The Guide" prop

redirk2

While going for cheap and easy this year for Halloween I decided to go as Arthur Dent. I have the robe, or a close version of it, and I am not going for total accuracy so any old towel will do. I bought a blue shirt and some red pajama pants for about $10. The actual prop of "the Guide" is what need to look right. I made this from Sintra and some digitally printed graphics on reflective vinyl. The reflective vinyl makes the screen, logo and "Don't Panic" glow when a strong light hits it. It was a rush job but ended up looking great!

Enjoy! Thanks for looking!

screen.jpg

HHGTTG3withglow.jpg

HHGTTG.jpg

Awesome!
You could get one of those "record your own message" greeting cards and have a recording of the guide play a short clip when you open it.
Ok, I want to make one now.:love:thumbsup(y)thumbsup

Thanks everyone. Dung0beetle the greeting card message idea is awesome! I have enough decals to make another one. I might try the message idea on it. Not in a rush for Halloween, this will be fine for that.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back