NEWS FLASH! District 9 exosuit available for pre-order!

rkpetersen

Just got an email notification a few minutes ago!

"Since we announced all the products below, we have received the final details and launched for pre-order Greg Broadmore's awesome exosuit from District 9. You know the one that goes completely berzerk with Wikus van der Merwe inside in the film's final battle.
Since we first announced our District 9 line, we have been inundated with requests for an Exosuit statue and now it's here! It's on our website and on display at our booth at Comic-Con if you are in San Diego.
In a strictly limited edition of 600, this won't last long, so make sure you get your pre-order in. You pay when it's delivered early next year."

Can't get to their website to pre-order though; perhaps the server is overloaded?

Yes, beautiful but small. Still, I don't think anyone actually expected them to offer a full-size exosuit or anything even remotely close to it.

Can't get to their website to pre-order though; perhaps the server is overloaded?

Is the link you posted above exactly how it was Emailed, or did you add your own affiliate marketing link? That link is forwarding through a 'click-counting' affiliate marketing site (not affiliated with Weta) so everytime someone clicks on it, someone is getting a small amount of money (but I suppose it could be Weta's own marketing/tracking link, counting how many people click from their Email announcements or something).

Whatever the service is they are using (iContact or something) seems to be what's causing the problem. Their server isn't responding well... If you go directly to Weta's site:

The Exosuit

that seems to be working okay... At least for me. But the other link doesn't always work. It's always annoying when people try to use these marketing/affiliate links, and then the service has crappy servers and the links stop working when the site you are trying to get to is working fine...

Rik

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably a service they are using for tracking Email clicks. But it still seemed to be the problem on my end when I tried to view it. The icptrack . com site was barely responding about an hour ago, but Weta's site was working fine. I think it was the marketing site that got slammed... :)

How fast do you think this thing will sell out? I know there's a lot of interest, but the price will hinder quite a few...

So very tempted to pre-order it tomorrow at the con, I hope it doesn't sell out before then! :eek

The price is a turn-off for me. For that kind of money, I'd rather get a full-size gun replica.

The price is a turn-off for me. For that kind of money, I'd rather get a full-size gun replica.

Pretty much my thought. I gritted my teeth last night for the Assault Rifle, but since it's so substantial I convinced myself it was worth it.

$100 more for the Exo plus twice the production run? Not feeling it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that Weta has put this out there, along with the 1:1 weapons...

I ordered it, but I had to think about it for a bit.
Unlike with the Assault Rifle, which was pretty much instinctive and compulsory.

Wow. That's a pretty penny for the size. Too bad I have to pass as I love the EXO design and really wanted to find a way to add it to my collection.

Wow. That's a pretty penny for the size. Too bad I have to pass as I love the EXO design and really wanted to find a way to add it to my collection.
yeah I here you on that, wish it were much cheaper but alot of work goes into the making of them I suppose, I sold my district 9 mech figure last august for 10,000.00 on ebay when the movie first came out. A full scale replica is a much better deal I think but to all those die hard prawn mech fans have at it!

Yeah two things are discouraging, the price and the edition number. It will take some time for this to sell out.....I believe the price might go down

I love that thing, but the price is a deal killer. Dang:(. I guess I will have to settle for wearing the card board one I made to chase my son around the house for a little bit longer.

I said on another thread that I wished that Weta would go to Hot Toys to do the Exosuit. They did a great job with the ALIENS powerloader:

review_htpl_large2.jpg

power-loader-ripley.jpg

I think it retailed for $200-250?

It would have been sweet to have a highly detailed, articulated Exosuit for about the same price.

I would have sprained something ordering it so fast.

I said on another thread that I wished that Weta would go to Hot Toys to do the Exosuit. They did a great job with the ALIENS powerloader:

review_htpl_large2.jpg

power-loader-ripley.jpg

I think it retailed for $200-250?

It would have been sweet to have a highly detailed, articulated Exosuit for about the same price.

I would have sprained something ordering it so fast.
I know man me aswell dont know why hot toys wont produce atleast the exosuit for ****** sakes. I guess in time a toy company will make an articulated one.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back