eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW

Of course it isn't the original mould but it is a mould made by LFL off the original screen helmet.

This is pretty well known in the Vader community and to be honest this mould will be the best a licensed company can get from LFL so I wouldn't get too bogged down in the mould history - it is of excellent pedigree.

I love how eFX call it 'the long lost' mould as it clearly has been lost in the LFL mould store and has been used by quite a few employees over the years - they make it sound like Indiana Jones found it in a cave.

Good sales banter.

Again good luck eFX :)

Chris

Part of me is excited. The other part KNOWS they will clean this damned thing up of all the little nicks and imperfections that made it the helmet we all know and love anyway.

Well now how unclean or unfixed do you want it????? The lenses were so light that you could see David Prowse's eyes through them. They were never red. Being able to see him through them made them appear red.
Do you want the brush strokes from the last minute re-paint. All the gunmetal/silver

My DP Deluxe is not symetrical and thank god. I also hope the keep the uneven wonkiness of the helmet. But as we all know real props are usually cheap, very poorly made, ment to only survive the shoot, and usually don't look to great up close.

So how "authentic" do you really want it?????

Just when I thought it was safe to go back to my wallet...

Well, considering how well overall the MR Fett was, and the job Efx did on the Red 5 and McQ Vader, this is a must buy. God I hope it's going to be under $900.

Hopefully they will have something in San Diego in 2 weeks so I can get some pictures.

Well now how unclean or unfixed do you want it????? The lenses were so light that you could see David Prowse's eyes through them. They were never red. Being able to see him through them made them appear red.
Do you want the brush strokes from the last minute re-paint. All the gunmetal/silver

My DP Deluxe is not symetrical and thank god. I also hope the keep the uneven wonkiness of the helmet. But as we all know real props are usually cheap, very poorly made, ment to only survive the shoot, and usually don't look to great up close.

So how "authentic" do you really want it?????
You are telling me things I know, and yes, I want it that accurate.

My guess would be that this will be another "MR Boba Fett Helmet" (hopefully minus that nasty warp in the mandible) in that it will easily be the best mass-produced piece ever offered, but you have to know in advance that it is never going to appease the absolute purists. You simply can't make a mass produced piece that is going to perfectly mimic a hand finished helmet, so I am not sure why some of you are setting yourself up for a disappointment. At the very least, a lot of mid range collectors and regular Joe's should have an item that is light years ahead of anything that has been available to them commercially before.

I'm interested to see the final product.

EFX, if you check this thread, as others have already said PLEASE don't clean it up too much or remove all traces of lineage to the original. Remember, the bumps and wonky angles are what MAKE this particular helmet so cool.

Over-sanitise it and it quickly loses it's appeal.

I appreciate the viewpoint of selling it to the so called 'casual' collector market, but then again in my opinion anyone who drops a big pile of money for a Vader helmet must..or should...know what they are getting and have some interest in the subject. Or why buy it at all? And if they really don't know and think it should be all perfect...then educate them. Sell those aspects of this cast as the unique and cool thing about this replica. People will get it.

My guess would be that this will be another "MR Boba Fett Helmet"

At the very least, a lot of mid range collectors and regular Joe's should have an item that is light years ahead of anything that has been available to them commercially before.

Exactly my thoughts Art.

I bought the MR Boba and was very satisfied and until something better comes along that is available to me I am still very happy.

Even if this Vader doesn't have the scuffs, scrapes, dings and paint runs a purist craves as long as it has 'THE LOOK' of Vader and is well manufactured it will satisfy most Vader fans.

I don't expect this to be anything like one of the higher end fan mades but it should still be good.

I for one am looking forward to more pics and progress.

Chris

There's nothing stopping us purists from stripping the paint off and hand brushing the gun metal. That is of course should they not clean up the casting.

What a development. I'm anxious to see their results with the McQuarrie Vader. They could make a great display pair!

You are telling me things I know, and yes, I want it that accurate.

I was commenting on the general talk here and on other boards on "accuracy".

I can appreciate how accurate you want it but as many have told me the license stuff does not need to be accurate. Case in point you could not give me a MR Boba Fett unless I could sell it. There is no scene or prop where Boba's visor tapers and gets more narrow as it goes down the front of the helmet. It was so bad I thought most would not buy it. It sold out fast and everyone I asked said the same thing. People did not care. This is one of the two best known and seen helmets. They added in a major flaw and know one cared other than us.

I don't want a trashed helmet but I do want it accurate as you all do. But I think realistically it's gonna be a cleaned up version. It may have the uneveness but I seriously doubt they are going to allow any other flaws and certainly no brushed paint job.

Don't get me wrong I'm with you all I just think if you are hoping for this you are going to be dissapointed.

Sorry to MR Boba Fett owners.

I'd love to get this!

While I agree it should be with some imperfections, I would like to see it, AS SEEN in the film and not AS SEEN in person. (HUH?) Usually you cant see prop imperfections much on film and then when you see it up close you think, "Wow... that kinda looks odd." I wouldn't want it to look warped or goofy like that. I am fine with this cleaned up casting Rick Baker has. Sounds like it would be the same as the movie one, but probably moderately cleaned to match the way it looked on screen and not in-person. Does that make sense?

This helmet would be bad A!

Sorry to MR Boba Fett owners.

Don't want to derail this thread, but I don't think you will find too many people who weren't disappointed and I think saying they didn't care isn't correct... it didn't stop a lot of people from buying, but almost everyone I know was asking "WTF?"

I will never understand what happened to the MR Boba. The prototype didn't look like that at all. It was only the finished helmet from China that had the idiot warp and I just don't know how that got past QC.

I'd love to get this!

While I agree it should be with some imperfections, I would like to see it, AS SEEN in the film and not AS SEEN in person. (HUH?) Usually you cant see prop imperfections much on film and then when you see it up close you think, "Wow... that kinda looks odd." I wouldn't want it to look warped or goofy like that. I am fine with this cleaned up casting Rick Baker has. Sounds like it would be the same as the movie one, but probably moderately cleaned to match the way it looked on screen and not in-person. Does that make sense?

This helmet would be bad A!

This is exactly what I personally would like to see. How it looked on Film but not in person. Very well said

Don't want to derail this thread, but I don't think you will find too many people who weren't disappointed and I think saying they didn't care isn't correct... it didn't stop a lot of people from buying, but almost everyone I know was asking "WTF?"

I will never understand what happened to the MR Boba. The prototype didn't look like that at all. It was only the finished helmet from China that had the idiot warp and I just don't know how that got past QC.

Sorry, let me clarify. We here cared but the masses obviously did not because it sold out. I know die hards like us were asking WTF but it sold and sold fast. I was shocked it was not fixed and everyone bought it.

Anywho I think it will be a totally idealized prop with maybe the uneven shape but that's it unfortunatley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back