ANH Red Y... kit

For what it's worth, the old kit was $400. And is very nice. cockpit and main fuselage were cast perfectly. No seams on the cockpit and one minor, easily fixed one on the fuselage.

Well, what with what the probe droid kits etc have been going for, this one's probably gonna show a bit of inflation I guess. Damn me though, do I fancy a Red Y. Gorgeous work you guys.

Not so worried about the kit price, but about the additional price of the metal armature. I really want the full package, no shortcuts on this one... why oh why is the Euro so weak right now? :unsure

Not so worried about the kit price, but about the additional price of the metal armature. I really want the full package, no shortcuts on this one... why oh why is the Euro so weak right now? :unsure

I know. The useless euro may well scupper my Y ambitions too... I only managed the V3 cos the dollar was going down the drain at the time.

Guys,

Been researching the armeture situation... a Acyrlic armeture will be included with the kit allowing rear and bottom display at no additonal charge. I will post pictures of the way the kit breaks down tonight. There is a center rod .75 inch that runs the entire length of the Y and into the head about 4 inches. There is a .25 inch 12.5 wide acrylic panel that is the core for the wing detail surrounds... very strong.

however a milled and threaded alluminum armeture that will allow rear, back, top and left and right mounting is in development. Probally $300 mark by itself. I know that will be for the die hards though!

the 5 versions of the kit will be $475 -$500 plush shipping. Trying to keep them about the same price as a hero standard TIE. Metal armeture is extra.

Hope that clears up some of the mystery

Going to add pictures of the 5th version tonight.. we call it Triangles!

I will also consider those that order multipal versions some form of price break maybe buy 4 Y wings and get the 5th free! Thinking out load DONT hold me to that.. but something along those lines...

Steve

Wow $800 total... Glad I put a bit aside for this one, with a good exchange rate it would already be covered... How about a "buy the metal armature and get free shipping"? :lol

Still in for the full package. :cool :love

Edit: Question: Will the panels covering all the mounting points be seperate parts? Not sure I want to cut the kit to pieces and destroy detail...

Will figure something out.. I hope to get the armetures cheaper! I will not make anything on them I will charge what the machinist charges me... The acrylic armeture will be strong enough for the "regular" studio scale builder but Im thinking metal is the way to go...

I will post pics tonight of how everything goes together... upper hull, lower hull plant on ect... nothing will need to be cut to mount it...

Steve

Wow $800 total... Glad I put a bit aside for this one, with a good exchange rate it would already be covered... How about a "buy the metal armature and get free shipping"? :lol

Still in for the full package. :cool :love

Edit: Question: Will the panels covering all the mounting points be seperate parts? Not sure I want to cut the kit to pieces and destroy detail...

Steve, count me in for an alloy armature buddy, thats sounding sexy as hell......what kinda size threads for mounting points are you guys looking at?
May, just may, be in for a MOM when she's ready too, have to see if funds allow....well, more like, see if the other half allows LOL.

lee

What do you guys want to see in the threading size for the mounting holes as far as the metal version?

The acrylic version will have .25 inch hole for a section of threaded rod with nut on top and bottom... the threaded rod will have an alluminum sheath covering the threads....

Steve

Triangles... is that the one that has the dry transfer registration marks on the L'eggs eggs? I have "old store stock" of dry transfer registration marks that seem to be the same size!

Hmm yeah i know its not ILM savvy lol, but reckon the armatures could be 1/4 20 for Panavise use?
"Triangles" yeah think i did see that one, think it was you Jason, recall you going on about the dry rub applications.....very cool.....wasnt that a Pyro?

lee

Hmm yeah i know its not ILM savvy lol, but reckon the armatures could be 1/4 20 for Panavise use?
"Triangles" yeah think i did see that one, think it was you Jason, recall you going on about the dry rub applications.....very cool.....wasnt that a Pyro?

lee

What did ILM use? I thought that 1/4 20 was the std.

Alright - I'll call myself a "regular" studio scale builder and say that acrylic armature is fine for me... Color me super interested at the 4-5 hundred mark...

Jedi Dade

Ive posted the pic in the list of heros page one.. looks like the head is simular to Red Jammer and TIE Killer as it has the one piece cockpit and and chip detail on the surface matches. Here it is again...
388691611.jpg

Jason can you scan high rez or create a vector file for me of the triangles? You have more shots of this... brutha dont hold out!! :lol

what is the panavise normal thread size ?

Steve

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back