Don Robert's GUYVER VALCURIA - FINISHED (pic heavy)

izabel

Sr Member
As promised here are the preliminary photos/progress of our Guyver costume. We plan to launch this for the upcoming toycon on June 19. We do hope we can finish both - Guyver 1 for Don Robert & Guyver 2 a.k.a Guyver Valcuria for me. If ever, Valcuria will be done first.

First of, as reference, here are the guyvers:

Guyver 1
max06015.jpg

Guyver 2 - Valcuria
origimage_1_1349962.jpg

These are toy & anime references. Valcuria was introduced in the anime OVA Guyver:Out of Control

But Robert prefers the movie version. It's more organic,textured and detailed. Initially we might do the smooth finish versions first due to time constraints but eventually we'll be updating it to the organic look of the movie version.
guyver.gif

And here it is :rolleyes

dsc0364.jpg

I found a pep for the helm (will credit later because i forgot). I assembled it to see how it looks. It's kinda big but Robert will adjust via free hand. Armor will be done freehand as it will be impractical to pep the whole thing although there is a file - still unfolded though.

dsc0367d.jpg

dsc0369.jpg

dsc0387.jpg

The texture of the fig is what Robert will be going for. We might start on this on teh 15th after we finish the commission project we have. We'll keep you posted. :D

Last edited:
Re: Don Robert's GUYVER- W.I.P (pic heavy)

You just made my day!!!!!!!! I absolutely love the guyver storyline and am also a HUGE fan of the movie guyver suit. I can't wait to see all the updates!

Awesome work. I would love to see a Guyver III happen someday. ;)

Ryu

thanks. we'll see. or maybe a zoanoid huh? :angel

but somebody already did a guyver 3. check his gallery here
Guyver_3_Armor_Full_by_Evil_FX.jpg

what I know is there is no guyver 2 yet more of the valcuria (female version) and a movie version guyver. If ever we'll be first on both. :angel

Last edited:

thanks. we'll see. or maybe a zoanoid huh? :angel

but somebody already did a guyver 3. check his gallery here
Guyver_3_Armor_Full_by_Evil_FX.jpg

what I know is there is no guyver 2 yet more of the valcuria (female version) and a movie version guyver. If ever we'll be first on both. :angel

This guy does some really good work, he first made the guyver 1 then he did guyver 3. He stll sells helmets and stuff I believe, havent been on his site in while:lol
750205069_b945a23095.jpg

is that the guy who makes it out of all organic materials?

That may or may not be the guy but I do know that there's also a guy out there who has made a Guyver suit almost entirely out of hot glue.

That may or may not be the guy but I do know that there's also a guy out there who has made a Guyver suit almost entirely out of hot glue.

question with teh hot glue sculpt. are you guys saying that teh sculpting are done by hot glue? how? wouldn't it melt if temperature becomes too high?

question with teh hot glue sculpt. are you guys saying that teh sculpting are done by hot glue? how? wouldn't it melt if temperature becomes too high?

His sculpts are done with clay on a full life body cast. he casts the finished piece and then will use hot glue to create the final product. heres his site
New Page 1

He was also used as a booth model on the USA re-release of the new guyver series for ADV.

His sculpts are done with clay on a full life body cast. he casts the finished piece and then will use hot glue to create the final product. heres his site
New Page 1

He was also used as a booth model on the USA re-release of the new guyver series for ADV.

yeah. i discussed this with stealth over ym. :D i get teh idea although it won't be applicable here. it's too hot in the philipphines! :lol it would warp. :lol

True dat, Im hoping to go home to the Philippines sometime this year, maybe I can pick up some of that slipper foam lol:lol:lol

yeah. i discussed this with stealth over ym. :D i get teh idea although it won't be applicable here. it's too hot in the philipphines! :lol it would warp. :lol

I was wondering that... does it get really hot wearing those suits? I can't really remember how hot it gets there.. I haven't been in the Philippine in 20yrs...

This thread makes me miss the Guyver helmet I have back home in England :(

It also makes me extremely happy. I love Guyver and can't wait to see the progress on this one.

Yeah the bioweapon guyver suit rocks... it's great that it's all made out of hot glue. However, if you're doing the whole think in high temp hot glue - it would have to be really hot outside for the glue to go back to a liquid state while you're wearing it.

Anyhow... it's beside the point... I'm anxious to see that guyver helmet completed (well both your suits - but I'd settle for a helmet :p) it looks like it's well underway.

Intrigued about what you said in your first post Izabel... you mean June 19 ... like in 8 days ??? Are the days longer in Phillipines or is it just me that's too slow ??? :p

Yeah the bioweapon guyver suit rocks... it's great that it's all made out of hot glue. However, if you're doing the whole think in high temp hot glue - it would have to be really hot outside for the glue to go back to a liquid state while you're wearing it.

oohhh you don't know how hot it is here especially now. :lol

Anyhow... it's beside the point... I'm anxious to see that guyver helmet completed (well both your suits - but I'd settle for a helmet :p) it looks like it's well underway.

Intrigued about what you said in your first post Izabel... you mean June 19 ... like in 8 days ??? Are the days longer in Phillipines or is it just me that's too slow ??? :p

yup. June 19. It's a cosplay Convention. 2 days until 20th.
4675935476_56273b97ab_b.jpg

Well, teh days aren't longer here. We're going to at least target to finish one. If not, oh well we have to resort to plan B. :lol

This thread makes me miss the Guyver helmet I have back home in England :(

It also makes me extremely happy. I love Guyver and can't wait to see the progress on this one.

:)

I was wondering that... does it get really hot wearing those suits? I can't really remember how hot it gets there.. I haven't been in the Philippine in 20yrs...

yeah sometimes, depends on the event area really. but even though you're in a mall with aircon, with all the people around you in a convention - cosplayers, photographers, con-goers, it gets hot especially if the location is small. Megamall megatrade halls used to be big before but because cosplay is becoming mainstream, apparently it's not so big anymore.:lol

I'm expecting a marketplace on these dates. It's gotta be. :lol

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back